FRIDAY OCTOBER 11TH:
- Myles Manley & Shithatt @ Dali (7pm, €8)
A double-headliner to finish IndieCork festival’s music programme: Mayo punx Shithatt round off their farewell tour with a Leeside performance, while Sligo’s most foremost pop-star makes a full-band appearance.
- Paddy Hanna @ Winthrop Avenue (7.30pm, €10)
Having put his second album in the rear view mirror, and started on his third full-length, Paddy Hanna pays the new city-centre venue a visit.
- The Metal Cell Podcast @ The Roundy/PLUGD (9pm, free)
Richie and crew continue their massive successful metal podcast with a live excursion for Cork Podcast Festival, speaking with Corkonian cephalopods The Magnapinna.
- Sara Ryan @ Coughlan’s (9pm, €10)
Kildare/Cork singer-songwriter continues the launch of her debut album ‘Breathe’, after kicking off last week at Connolly’s of Leap.
- Scullion @ The White Horse, Ballincollig (9pm, €27)
Irish folk-rock pioneers head to the White Horse, as part of a two-night excursion to Cork.
- Djrum @ Dali (10.45pm, €10)
Classically-trained, electronic music fusionist Djrum comes to Carey’s Lane as part of a collaboration between techno residency Under the Rose and bass specialists RiseUp!
SATURDAY OCTOBER 12TH:
- The Independent Music Podcast @ Plugd/The Roundy (8pm, free)
Long-running DIY music showcase makes its Cork debut for Cork Podcast’s podtrail, in collaboration with the Ping Pong crowd.
- Le Boom @ Cyprus Avenue (7.30pm, €12.50)
After conquering the summer festivals, Dublin indie-electronic duo headlines at the big room on Caroline Street.
- Irish Music Industry Podcast @ The Kino (9pm, free)
Mark Graham hosts the debut live edition of the acclaimed industry explainer at the Kino, as part of Cork Podcast Festival’s free podtrail.
- Bastardo Electrico 17th Anniversary @ Dali (9pm, €12)
Jamie Behan celebrates seventeen years of dispensing techno and related sounds for the good people of the city, with Sunil Sharpe headlining and appearances from Meadhbh O’Connor and Elision DJs.
- Sunday Times @ Cyprus Avenue (10.30pm, €12)
A residents’ session for the Sunday Times crew as they move over to Caroline Street for this instalment.
SUNDAY OCTOBER 13TH:
- The Point of Everything Podcast @ The Kino (5.30pm, free)
Eoghan O’Sullivan chairs a live instalment of his TPOE arts and music podcast, as part of Cork Podcast Festival’s free trail.
- Nialler9 Podcast @ The Kino (7pm, free)
A great day for the parish, as the boss and Andrea host a discussion with leading Leeside lights on the city’s nightlife economy. Say hello to your writer, if you spot him.
- Sunday Social @ Dali (7pm, free)
The night after the morning after presents a post-BE17 chance to chill and catch-up, with quiet groovers from Prospekt, Jamie Behan and Trail of Thought.
- Dezerter @ Crane Lane Theatre (7pm, €25)
The latest in a healthy stream of Eastern European punx into the city, it’s the turn of Polish anarcho-punk veterans Dezerter to headline, as they approach their fortieth anniversary.
- Hudson Taylor @ Cyprus Avenue (7.30pm, €25)
The brothers Hudson-Taylor head upstairs on Caroline Street for a headlining excursion.
- Luunah @ The Roundy/PLUGD (8pm, €6)
Sarah-Beth O’Mullane (pictured) and collaborators play Castle Street’s music outpost as part of the Angry Mom Collective’s regular sonic showcase. Support from Fiona O’Connell and Étáin Collins.
- The Blindboy Podcast @ Cork Opera House (8pm, €26)
Hello. You writerly insults. Tickets for this instalment of the Rubberbandit’s weekly podcast meanderings, as part of his headline curatorship of Cork Podcast Festival, are disappearing fast.
- Scullion @ Connolly’s of Leap (9pm, €20)
Y’know what? While many readers know Philip King as the radio host and Other Voices head, the presser at the link above is also a massively-detailed band history of the folk-rock outfit.