FRIDAY 12TH JULY
- Teletext Records @ Fred Zeppelin’s (8pm, €5)
A big night of alternative/independent sounds curated by the Cork collective, including Galway instrumentalists Bokotono, Limerick outfit Cassavettes plus Cork bands Aponym and SELKIES.
- The Nomadic Druids @ Connolly’s of Leap (8pm, €10)
Trad-inflected prog-rock led by ex-Raw Deal guitarist Gerry Quigley.
- Andy Irvine @ Sirius Arts Centre (8pm, SOLD OUT)
Ex-Planxty man continues to cut a swathe solo, between the trad lexicon and a deep knowledge of Eastern European folk musics.
- The Silken Same @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (8.30pm, donations)
Progressive folk duo play a special pass-the-hat gig at the village venue.
- Lowlek @ The Roundy/PLUGD (9pm, €7)
Alternative pop outfit presents a full, multimedia show to launch new single ‘Sink In’.
- Beatlebums @ Coughlan’s (9pm, €10)
Some of Cork’s finest psychedelic and otherwise independent musicians come together to play The White Album in its entirety.
- Fleecetown @ Dali (10pm, €10)
House collectives Fleece and Looptown come together for a massive late-night session.
- Friday Night Live! @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €3)
DJ Ronan, a ‘multipurpose’ disc-jockey according to the blurb, oversees proceedings at the Caroline Street venue.
SATURDAY 13TH JULY
- The Diviners @ The Corner House (6pm, free)
Folk outfit launches its new EP ‘earshot’, following appearances at Doolin Folk Festival and Levis’ of Ballydehob.
- New Valley Wolves @ Crane Lane Theatre (8pm, free)
Swaggering rock two-piece return to Cork, with The Magnapinna and Deep Sky Objects in tow.
- Groove @ The Roundy/PLUGD (8pm, free)
Live visuals from Kamil Kowalczyk with electronic music from Maywire, Adrian O’Connor, N_YEW and Zitada.
- Out Out @ The Bowery Rooftop (8pm, donations)
A farewell to a stalwart presence in Cork nightlife over the past few years. Residents in session, with donations to Cork Simon.
- Stone Sea + Grey Stag and more (9.30pm, €5)
Doom and progressive metal from Dublin at the red room on Parliament Street.
- TABOO White July Party @ Dali (10pm, €12)
Stevie, Grillz and Chedder get geared up for their third annual summer spectacular. All-white on the night.
- Electric Rex @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €3)
Commercial dancefloor favourites ’til close from DJ Rex.
SUNDAY 14TH JULY
- Cuttin’ Heads Collective @ The Vicarstown Bar (4pm, free)
DJ Tarek has a Bastille Day set in the daytime, then Scary Éire cutman DJ Mek gets stuck in for a solo session.
- Angry Mom Collective x Boundless and Bare @ The Roundy/PLUGD (7.30pm, €8)
The Cork arts gender-balancing movement co-presents a night of spoken word from femme artists at the home of PLUGD.
- Stephen James Smith @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (8pm, €10)
Ireland’s modern poet laureate makes an appearance at Levis’ in an intimate setting, with limited space. Get booking.
- DJ Jus’Me @ Crane Lane Theatre (11pm, free)
Cuttin’ Heads mainman holds his regular court in the Crystal Bar of the Crane Lane.