THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 20TH
- Ailísh Conneely + Patrick Freeman @ The Roundy (9pm, €5)
Cork-based multi-instrumentalists split the headlining duties of The Roundy’s folk/trad residency, An Club Cruinn.
- Gettin’ Up @ Dali (10pm, free)
JusMe and Rosta delivering the house and hip-hop goods on Carey’s Lane.
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 21ST
- SUPERCELL @ Dali (6.30pm, free)
Dave Mathúna and Darren Kirwan come together for an audiovisual installation custom-built for the venue’s Arcline soundsystem and period architecture.
- Colin Black @ Shandon Guesthouse (7pm, free)
Australian sound-art legend performs live at the home of Leeside’s avant-garde.
- CorkLovesMusic @ The Roundy/PLUGD (8.30pm, free)
Discussing the future of Cork music amid infrastructural change and urban expansion. Speaking: Aisling O’Riordan, Declan Synnott, Shane J. Horan. Performing: MueseuM, Lighght, Jake O’Riordan. Panel discussion after the last performance.
- NOTIFY @ Connolly’s of Leap (8.30pm, €10)
Trad-fusion five-piece take an excursion under the hammers for Culture Night.
- Shifted @ Dali (9pm, €tbc)Pillow Queens @ DeBarra’s (11pm, free)
Dublin alt-rockers open the account for the Fringe programme of Clonakilty International Guitar Festival.
- Mockie Ah! Anniversary Party @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €10)
Cork drag supergroup celebrate their first anniversary with a big club night, including guests from Edinburgh’s The Rabbit Hole troupe.
- Woven Skull @ DeBarra’s of Clonakilty (6pm, free)
Freak-folk/experimental ensemble play a free show at DeBarra’s for CIGF.
- Nick Mulvey @ St. Luke’s (7.30pm, €24)
World-travelled singer, songwriter and ethnomusicologist completes an Irish swing of dates with an evening gig on the Northside.
- The Woods and Grandma @ Rebel Reads (8pm, €12)
A four-piece ensemble, including composer/vocalist/pianist Cal Folger Day presents the full hour-long score of verbatim pop-opera The Woods & Grandma, which takes the transcript of a 2002 RTÉ interview with Lady Gregory’s two granddaughters, Anne & Catherine, and sets it word-for-word to music.
- Under Starling @ Crane Lane Theatre (9pm, free)
Indie/pop youngfellas follow up high-profile support gigs with a headliner at the Crane.
- Windings @ DeBarra’s of Clonakilty (9pm, free)
Veteran Limerick alt-rockers return to Clon for Guitar Fest’s fringe programme.
- Out of Space – TENI fundraiser @ The Roundy (9pm, €5)
Roo Honeychild & Syn take to the decks for a special edition of Out of Space in support of Transgender Equality Network Ireland.
- The Bounty – Pieta House fundraiser @ The Kino (9pm, €7)
Corkonian alternative lads head up a gig to fundraise for Pieta House and launch new single ‘Tell Me’, dealing with mental health. Singer-songwriter Podge Lane among the supports.
- Calculon @ An Spailpín Fánach (9pm, €tbc)
Exquisitely-moniker drum ‘n’ bass man comes to the Spailpín for the Evolution residents’ monthly excursion.
- PowPig @ DeBarra’s of Clonakilty (4pm, free)
Limerick youngsters head to DeBarra’s for CIGF, after an impressive 2018 that’s seen them take off.
- Chubby Thunderous Bad Kush Masters @ The Poor Relation (7.30pm, €tbc)
London stoner-rock that does what it says on the tin. Support from Belfast’s Elder Druid, and Cork outfits Coroza & Mendicant. Presented by Paranoid Beast.
- Cara Kursh @ The Roundy (8pm, €5)
Cork-adopted Galwegian singer-songwriter launches her debut extended-player at the Roundy, with support from Rosi Lalor and Huricanes. EPs on sale include a poetry anthology from Kursh’s family, friends and peers.