FRIDAY DECEMBER 13TH
- Teletext Records Christmas Party @ The Roundy/PLUGD (8pm, €12)
Cork label/gig promotion collective round off the year with a whopper lineup of DIY artists: Ghostking is Dead, Bokotono, Aponym, Hales Lake, Hey Rusty.
- Talos @ Live at St. Luke’s (8pm, €28.68)
Eoin French and collaborators take on their first of three hometown gigs this weekend, headlining at the Northside’s sonic temple.
- Jennifer Lyons @ The White Horse, Ballincollig (9pm, €16)
A debut hometown headlining show, and a single launch, for Cork multi-instrumentalist.
- Kíla @ DeBarra’s of Clonakilty (9.30pm, €20)
Trad-fusion veterans play their first Cork date of the weekend ahead of the Christmas season.
- Under the Rose: Tommy Holohan @ Dali (10pm, €tbc)
Techno and Cans resident/Rave Selekts man delivers the last Under the Rose night of the year.
- Paul Healy & James Mullins @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €7)
House and techno ’til late, in the big room upstairs on Caroline Street.
SATURDAY DECEMBER 14TH
- Kíla @ Cyprus Avenue (7.30pm, €20)
Night two in Cork before Christmas for the world-travelled folk-fusion outfit.
- The Frank and Walters @ Connolly’s of Leap (8pm, €20)
Four years of the new Connolly’s! Thirty years of the Franks! It couldn’t possibly be any more Corkonian.
- Just Mustard @ The Kino (8.30pm, €15)
Dundalk shoegazers headline at the Washington Street arthouse, with Pizza Pizza labelmates Careerist and Trick Mist in support.
- Talos @ Live at St. Luke’s (8.30pm, SOLD OUT)
Night two of a three-night stretch across Good Room venues for Eoin French and collaborators.
- Pontious Pilate and the Naildrivers @ Crane Lane Theatre (9pm, free)
Put your braces together and your boots on your feet for the long-running Corkonian ska troupe.
- Out of Space Second Anniversary @ The Roundy/PLUGD (9pm, €10)
Russian techno exponent Machine Woman headlines the Roundy residency’s second birthday, with support from Roam, Efa O’Neill and GYM.
- Yurt, God Alone & Skellig @ Fred Zeppelin’s (9pm, €8)
The last instalment for the year of Paranoid Beast’s Paranoid Pit night sees a live ritual from seldom-seen proggers YURT, experimental duo Skellig, and post-metal wunderkinder God Alone.
- Elbé @ The Brú (10pm, free)
Corkonian three-piece take to the intimate surrounds of the venue/hostel on McCurtain Street.
- Stimming @ Dali (10pm, €tbc)
Live house from Hamburg producer and DJ Martin Stimming in a special set. Support from Aparde.
- CXNT @ The Kino (11pm, €5)
DJs Syn, Capricorn and Doubt helm a late night full of hard-drum and related tunes after Just Mustard come off stage.
- Generations of House @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €8)
A late-night set straddling the history of the genre from local aficionado Mucca Twomey.
SUNDAY DECEMBER 15TH
- Voiceworks Performances @ Cyprus Avenue (11am/5pm, €5 kids, €10 adults)
The big end-of-year gigs for the students and staff of the Voiceworks singing school, with new performers of all ages performing on both shows. Acoustic gigs early, full band at 5pm.
- Inni-K @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (6pm, €tbc)
Singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist (pictured) closes off her 2019 with an early gig at Ballydehob’s village venue.
- Icebear and Stephen Doyle @ The Roundy/PLUGD (7pm, €5)
Cork Improvised Music Collective wraps up its year with a double-header: ambient/noise soloist Icebear and Amsterdam-based percussionist Stephen Doyle.
- Paul Dunlea & Cormac McCarthy @ Maureen’s (8pm, €10)
Some live jazz of a Sunday on John Street, in the newly-opened venue space, from world-renowned genre exponents.
- Caoilian Sherlock @ Coughlan’s (8pm, €10)
Psych-pop troubadour headlines at the intimate venue on Douglas Street after a quick brace of recent singles. Support from Damsel.
- Mick Flannery @ DeBarra’s of Clonakilty (8pm, €22)
Veteran singer-songwriter takes a trip to the Clonakilty folk outpost for a solo show.
- John Spillane @ Everyman Palace (8pm, €25)
An archivist, a song-collector, a bard, a folk sociologist: Cork’s favourite singer-songwriter plays his 21st annual Everyman Christmas gig.
- Talos @ The Kino (8pm, €26.50)
Night three of three gigs for Eoin French and crew, this time, a more intimate session at the Washington Street venue.
- Kranksvester @ Cyprus Avenue (9pm, €20)
Live hip-hop upstairs on Caroline Street from Croatian MCs 3ki Stil and Sett.