The long asked-for roadmap for the return of the live events industry has been announced finally by the government after today’s sub-committee meeting as part of Ireland’s Living With COVID plan.
The topline information that leaked out yesterday including the return to offices, indoor sports, public transport and more from a phased basis from September 6th until October 22nd when the plan is for all restrictions to be scrapped including social distancing and mask wearing in most situations, provided the Government reach a 90% vaccination target for adults over 16 (expected by mid-September), and incidence of the virus remains stable or is falling.
Here’s what was announced at 6pm:
From September 6th:
- 60% capacity for fully seated indoor events only for the fully vaccinated or recovered in the last six months (via vaccine cert) with accompanied minors (under 18s) allowed at appropriate events. This also includes theatres and cinemas.
- 75% capacity for outdoor events, for fully vaccinated and recently recovered, including accompanied minors.
- 50% capacity for outdoor for both vaccinated and unvaccinated (including children), subject to appropriate protective measures including social distancing between groups and face masks. The vaccination certificate is not enforceable outdoors.
- Social distancing is not removed so these caps depends on venue figuring out their capacity.
- All live music allowed at weddings, still limited to 100 guests.
- Music allowed in pubs indoors.
- The 11.30pm closing time will remain in place.
- A pilot nightclub event is due to take place during September.
- The ban on dancing will be removed but there will be guidance against it. Ok.
From September 20th:
- A staggered return to offices, with flexibility for workers.
- Indoor sports, exercises classes, dance classes,band practices, choirs, and community activities can resume. Limited to 100.
- Where patrons have mixed immunity status, pods of up to 6 participants will be permitted (excluding adult leaders/teachers).
- Restrictions on outdoor group activities for participants will be removed.
From October 22nd:
- 100% capacity live events to be allowed both indoors and outdoors from this date.
- Vaccine certificate requirement will be removed on this date for events and hospitality.
- Restrictions on nightclubs lifted from this date.
- Mask-wearing outdoors and in private settings removed. Still mask wearing required on public transport, healthcare settings and in shops.
- Social distancing removed.
- This is contingent on reaching a 90% vaccination target for adults over 16s (currently at 88% for over 18s), with the virus stable or falling (i.e. no new variants mainly).
This is a developing story so will be updated to reflect that.
Clear as mud wha?