The 7-day gig guide to Dublin music and events this week.
Highlights: Highlights: Tame Impala, Low, Lonnie Liston Smith, Homebeat @ Granby Park, Knoxville Morning, Decibelles & Community Of Independents.
If you’re looking for tickets to sold out gigs try #ticketfairy on Twitter.
Ticket freebies this week:
- Friday – Shift presents This Is Spinal Tap @ The Sugar Club (€12/€10)
li>How to enter – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number in the body of the message. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig.
Tuesday August 20th
- Low @ Whelan’s (SOLD OUT)
[Rock] Atmospheric melodic guitar band Plus Katie Kim.
Wednesday August 21st
- Tame Impala @ Olympia Theatre (SOLD OUT)
[Rock] Psychedelic rock.
- U:mack present Torche @ The Grand Social (€15)
[Metal] Plus Wizards Of Firetop Mountain and Dott.
- Culprit Opening night @ Twisted Pepper (€8/€5, 10:30pm)
[Club] Shane Linehan (Basic Grooves/POGO), Gary Murphy (TWIN), Liam Maher (Hi-Hat),James Rogers (SouthPaw), Cabra West Groove Society.
Thursday August 22nd
- The Young Folk @ Whelan’s (€6/€8)
[Folk] Plus Edison and Liza Flume.
- The Flipside @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[Soul/jazz/funk] Screening of Billy Cobham/George Duke Band’s 1976 concert Live at Montreaux Jazz Festival..
- Beck’s Vier Rhythm Series: Lonnie Liston Smith @ The Sugar Club (€17.50/€20)
[Jazz] American jazz, soul, and funk musician with a long and distinguished career.
- Zebra: Spies, Paddy Hanna, Other Creatures @ Whelan’s Thursday (Free entry on FB)
[Indie] Three Irish bands for free.
Friday August 23rd
- Knoxville Morning & Friends @ The Odessa Club (€8)
[Rock ‘n’ roll] Newbridge-centric band in a celebration of 10 years of music with Daydream Regime, Appo and Rory Hughes.
- Decibelles: Little xs for eyes, September Girls, Cave Ghosts & more @ Molloy & Dowling Opticians (€15)
[Fundraiser] Female-centric gig in aid of the Women’s Therapy Centre.
- An Evening with Rónán Ó Snodaigh @ Christchurch Cathedral (€16)
[Trad] As part of National Heritage Week, 2013.
- Leaders Of Men, Gypsies On The Autobahn @ Button Factory (€5)
[Indie] Double headlining Irish indie bands with support Late Fragments.
- The Vincent(s) @ Whelan’s Upstairs (11:30pm, Club Entry )
[Rock] Cork band – ‘Song For The Sea’
- Sidetracked: Debonair (NTS) @ Dark Horse Inn (Free, 10pm)
[ Electronic] Audio Sunshine’s 200th broadcast celebrations with Miss Debi Ghose Plus Frankie Grimes, Daire Carolan, Tom Lowe (RTE Pulse)
- Shift presents This Is Spinal Tap @ The Sugar Club (€12/€10)
[ Screening] Film screening plus live ’80s tribute band doing covers.
- Posterfish Promotions: Tamen, Badmandeego, The Droid @ Seomra Spraoi (€10, BYOB, 9pm)
[DJs] Drum ‘n’ bass / Jungle night.
- Movements present Henry Krinkle @ Button Factory (€8/€6, 11pm)
[ Electronic] Upcoming American electronic producer Plus Kobina and Movement DJs/ ‘Stay’.
- Damn Son! @ Damson Diner (Free, 11pm)
[ House/Disco] Opening night with Gianni, DJ Deece and Lil Dave.
- MUD/Strangeways present:Pre-Outlook Party feat. Icicle, Brassroots @ Twisted Pepper (€12/€10, 10:30pm)
[Dance] Warmup for the Outlook Festival in Croatia. Plus Kieran Craddock, Ancient Alien & more.
Saturday August 24th
- Wounds, Otherkin @ Whelan’s (4pm-6pm, FREE)
[All-ages] Heavy rockers do it for the kids.
- Homebeat & Upstart present Fading Light: Sfumato, Ocho, Biggles Flies Again, Ana Gog, Little Xs For Eyes @ Granby Park (2pm, FREE)
[All-ages] Free gig in the new pop-up park off Dominic/ Parnell Street.
- Psychonavigation Records 13th Birthday Party @ Sweeney’s (FREE)
[Electronic] Featuring Anodyne, Derek Carr, Shammen Delly, Sean Quinn, Mick Chillage, Seamus O’Muineachain and DJ Keith Downey.
- Floating presents: Elaine Mai, Leanne Harte @ Voodoo Lounge (€10/ €5 cheaplist, 9pm)
[Rock] New Irish music night in the new Voodoo Lounge.
- Wounds, The Mighty Stef @ Whelan’s (Free)
[Rock] Heavy rockers do it 18+ demographic.
- Community Of Independents @ Button Factory (Free)
[Indie/rock] Magic Pockets, Turning Down Sex, Cave Ghosts, Hands Up Who Wants To Die, Ghost Estates, Charmers.
- Pogo/Subject presents Levon Vincent @ Twisted Pepper (€14/€10, 11pm)
[Dance] Plus Frank B and Subject DJs.
- Booka Brass @ Whelan’s Upstairs (Free on Facebook, €10 Club entry after)
[Brass] New Orleans style brass band.
Sunday August 25th
- 12 Sundays @ The Bernard Shaw (3pm, Free)
[Party] I Am The Cosmos DJ set.
- Jordi Savall / Triúr @ National Concert Hall (€35)
[Trad] Martin Hayes curated night.
- Crayonsmith, I Heart The Monster Hero, Percolator @ Anseo (€6)
[Indie]Lo-fi, krautrock and indie-rock locals.
Monday August 26th
- Alkaline Trio @ The Academy (€24)
[Punk rock] The only thing on today.