Nialler9 is seeking an enthusiastic, experience-hungry intern for a minimum of 4 months starting ASAP. Applicants should be looking to gain more experience in the music industry, writing and content creation.
Hours: 10am – 6pm (flexible) with occasional night events.
This is a paid entry position based in Dublin 8.
You will assist with news articles, new music features, transcribing, event planning, strategy, marketing, admin and all aspects of the business.
The ideal candidate will:
- be comfortable with HTML code, WordPress, Photoshop, web design, social media, data entry, style guides and copy-editing.
- A capable writer able to turn copy around in minutes
- Have a strong attention to detail.
- Have excellent research skills
- Be self-motivated
- A good organiser
- Have an interest in multi-platform journalism.
- Photography and video skills a plus.
Most importantly, passion for music is a must.
You must be familiar with the artists covered on the site and preferably read it regularly. You must be the kind of person who updates their Spotify new music playlist every day. You must always be thirsty to hear the next great new song. You must love going to gigs and clubs. There will also be opportunities to get involved with club nights as well as learn more about music sync, supervision and artist management.
To apply, email [email protected] with your C.V. and the following:
- A short note about why you want to work with Nialler9 and the areas of music you feel knowledgeable and confident in writing about
- A 400-word feature about a music topic, artist or album (released this year) of your choice
- A short news-style piece about an upcoming event
- One or two topics or features you’d like to write for Nialler9 in the coming months
- A Spotify playlist of your current favourite songs
- A link to your blog or any existing writing
All applications should be in before October 5th.