For your weekly podcast dose of what’s going on in music, with an emphasis on the new, it’s episode 37 of the Nialler9 Podcast with Niall and Andrea and for the first time, a special guest in the studio for the entire episode, it’s Sally Cinnamon, DJ and Loose Joints cohost.
- We look at O Emperor winning the Choice Music Prize
- The Electric Picnic lineup under the spotlight
- The Michael Jackson documentary Leaving Neverland has the public reckoning with the legacy of one of the biggest pop stars of all time, what does it mean for society to acknowledge this past, should DJs stop playing his music, what we learned from some soul-searching.
- Album of the week: Sigrid – Sucker Punch
- An interview with the cast of This Land a show debuting as part of St Patrick’s Festival from Candlelit Theatre, featuring a group of multicultural singers, musicians, rappers, poets and performers who recently arrived presenting a theatrical and music performance inspired by Ireland’s old mythological tales Informed experiences of the new people who come to this land today. Farah Elle, Tracey Sefu, and Sate drop in for a chat.This Land will be performed on the 15th of March at the Civic Theatre, Tallaght, Dublin 24 at 7pm & Sat, 16 Mar @ The Studio, National Concert Hall, Dublin 2
- Plus tracks of the week from Mac DeMarco, Chemical Brothers and Vampire Weekend.
- Closing song: Crome Yellow – Wash Basket Earpiece.