- Wednesday: Talib Kweli @ The Sugar Club
- Friday: All City & Jr Spesh: Paul White [Live] @ Twisted Pepper
- Friday: Subject x Surge – Dave Clarke & Perc @ District 8 (€15, 11pm)
- Saturday Block T’s Xmas Party: Squarehead, Bantum, Donal Dineen @ The Sugar Club
How to enter ticket comp – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig or Friday 1pm latest for weekend gigs.
Tuesday December 9
- Sun Kil Moon @ Button Factory (€15)
[Rock] Mark Kozelek something something The War On Drugs
- Nick Mulvey @ Whelan’s (€15)
[Folk] Bright English singer-songwriter and former Portico Quartet member.
- The Ruby Sessions @ Doyle’s (9pm, €6)
[Acoustic club] Promising very special guests.
Wednesday December 10
- The Strypes @ The Academy (€25)
[Rock] Cavan rock’n’roll high-schoolers
- Van Morrison @ Olympia Theatre (€65/€80)
[Rock] Former Belfast high-kicker turned grumpy fucker
- Ben Ottewill @ The Workmans Club (€20)
[Indie] Gizmo? Gonzo? Ganko? Gomez, that’s it.
- Talib Kweli @ The Sugar Club (€22.50, WIN TICKETS)
[Rap] Black Star rapper. Could go either way.
- Something Good: Le Galaxie, Kormac Seo Linn & more @ Bello Bar (€5)
[Fundraiser] in aid of SVP with special guests.
- I Draw Slow @ Whelan’s (€25)
[Folk] Dublin roots and folk with support form Eoin Glackin.
Thursday December 11
- Christmas Hearts, Paddy Hanna, So Cow, Swimmers @ Whelan’s (€10)
[Fundraiser] Listen to the indie supergroup song for Peter McVerry Trust.
- Carol Keogh and the City Fathers @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€10)
[Indie] Playing songs from her Mongrel City album.
- Leaders of Men @ The Workman’s Club (€7.50)
[Rock] Dublin indie rock.
- Electronic Forum II @ Centre of Creative Practices (€10, BYOB)
[Electronic] Ben Bix featuring Feather and Tadhg Byrne.
- Geppetto Et Cetera EP launch @ The Ink Factory (7pm, Free)
[Music/Photography] Plus Photography Launch Night. Ep playback.
- Guts late night launch @ Bar Tengu, Yamamori (Free, 9pm)
[DJs] Launch of new magazine with DJs Buffalo Woman, Donal Dineen, Homebeat’s Emmet Condon and Nialler9
- Bedlam presents Bakermat @ District 8 (€15/€17.50, 11pm)
[Dance] Deep house.
Friday December 12
- Delorentos @ Vicar Street (€20)
[Indie/Rock] 4th album’s a charm for the Irish band.
- The Co-Present’s First Birthday Extravaganza Feat: R.S.A.G, Plutonic Dust, Dear Desert and White Collar Boy @ The Grand Social (€10)
[Party] Celebrating a year of the Radiomade show.
- Adrian Crowley, Katie Kim @ The Workman’s Club (€12)
[Alt/folk] Listen to Crowley’s recent Some Blue Morning album.
- The 12 bands of Christmas @ Sweeney’s (Free)
[indie/rock/folk] 3 Fridays in December with The Wood Burning Savages and more.
- Pickled Onion Records Present: White Chalk, Staring At Lakes, Touchwood @ Twisted Pepper (€10)
[Alt] new irish music in aid of The Order Of Malta.
- A Fairytale Of Camden St W/ Cait O’Riordan @ Upstairs at Whelan’s (€12)
[Festive] Former Pogues member does something vaguely Fairytale of New York related.
- Embrace @ The Academy (€25)
[Indie] The 90s Britpop revival ends here
- Radiomade Christmas Party @ Pacino’s (€5, 11pm)
[party] Toby Kaar, Miss Kate, Damn Son!, Ciaran Fitz.
- The Wormholes @ The Joinery (€12, BYOB)
[Rock] one Ireland’s seminal underground bands;from the 90s returns.
- Press Charges A/V show, Diamond Dagger, Platinum Ray @ The Sugar Club (€10 or €20 with vinyl, 11pm)
[Dance] Sunken Foal’s new project pairs Smokey Robinson with sweet smokey beats
- Kenny Larkin @ Opium Rooms (€10-€15, 11pm)
[Dance] Detroit Techno.
- All City & Jr Spesh: Paul White [Live] @ Twisted Pepper (€12, 10:30pm, WIN TICKETS)
[Dance] London psychedelic beats. Where You Gonna go?
- Subject x Surge – Dave Clarke & Perc @ District 8 (€15, 11pm, WIN TICKETS)
[Dance] With Dave Clarke, Perc (live), Niall Cleary.
Saturday December 13
- Breakfast Club: Matthias Puhlmann @ The Dark Horse Inn (7am, €12)
[Early rave] Berlin-based DJ playing US house to deep dubby Techno
- A Most Peculiar Wintry Thing @ The Ark (€9/€12 , 2pm/4pm)
[Children’s show] Music Network hosted animation and music
- Crash Ensemble perform the music of Bryce Dessner @ National Concert Hall (3pm, €10)
[Perspectives 2014: Brassland] The National musician’s compositions .
- This Is The Kit @ National Concert Hall (4:30pm, €10)
[Perspectives 2014: Brassland] English folk.
- Buke & Gase @ National Concert Hall (6:30pm, €10)
[Perspectives 2014: Brassland] NYers who make their own instruments.
- Manic Street Preachers @ Olympia Theatre (€39)
[Rock] The Holy Bible in full. Mascara will run…
- Syd Arthur, Tandem Felix, New Secret Weapon @ Button Factory (€10)
[Rock/pop] English psychedelic rock and local support.
- Bats, Them Wolves & Cholera House @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€10)
[Heavy Rock] A rare show from Bats.
- A4’s Seasonal Shindig @ Bleecker Street Cafe Bar, Dorset Street (€10/€6)
[Rock/pop] Patrick Kelleher, Big Monster Love, Andre K’Por & more.
- Block T’s Xmas Party: Squarehead, Bantum, Donal Dineen @ The Sugar Club (€12/€10,WIN TICKETS)
[Party] With visual and movie treats – a screening of Bad Santa and DJs.
- Mixtapes From The Underground @ The Workman’s Club (€7)
[Hip-hop] “The heaviest of beats and the sickest of flows”
- Hidden Agenda: I Am The Cosmos, Frank Booker @ Opium Rooms (€15, 11pm)
[Electronic] Italo-electronic leaning synth pop & disco DJs Get Down Edits.
- Free Techno Pres: Fran Hartnett & Barry Greaves @ The Hub (Fre, 11pm)
[Techno] 2 Techno 2 hour sets.
- Potion of Oblivion 2: Sunken Foal, Somadrone, Donal Dineen @ Pacino’s (€7, Midnight)
[DJs] DJ night exploring the cold wave / minimal / kraut side of music. Check out the mix.
- Pogo: Archetype present Boddika, Colm K @ The Twisted Pepper (€12, 10:30pm)
[Dance] Techno via Boddika downstiars / Colm upstairs playing funkier stuff.
- The Building Society & Hangar present: Dimitri From Paris @ Hangar Dublin (€18/€20, 10:30pm)
[Dance] Rightly renowned disco/dance DJ.
Sunday December 14
- Doveman’s Burgundy Stain Sessions @ National Concert Hall (6:30pm, €25/€30)
[Perspectives 2014: Brassland ]Thomas Bartlett with Glen Hansard, Paul Noonan, Lisa O’Neill, Anna Calvi.
- Christmas Cracker Flea Market @ Block B/T (Free, 11am)
[Market] 100 Stalls in Smithfield. Also Friday and Saturday.
- Christmas Fair @ The Generator Hostel (Free, noon)
[market] Just across the Square from above.
- Little Green Cars @ Vicar Street (€22)
[Indie/folk] Acoustic tour.
- The Divine TRASH Family Christmas! @ Pacino’s (€10 , midnight to 4am)
[Freaks/gay/dressup] Celebrating the work of John Waters.
- Pyg Sundays presents Gerd and Colin Perkins @ Pygmalion (9pm, €10)
[Djs] Dutch house producer.
Monday December 15
- Glen Hansard @ Vicar Street (€30)
[Singer-songwriter] All in aid of Peter McVerry Trust.
- Ré @ Unitarian Church (€20)
[Trad] Hothous Flowers’ Liam Ó Maonlaí and Peter O’Toole along with Cormac Begley (concertina), Eithne Ní Chatháin (aka Inni-K on fiddle and voice) and Maitiú Ó Caiside (whistles and uilleann pipes)