Email to be in the draw for free entry:
- Sunday: Lumo Easter Sunday @ Tengu (€10, 10pm)
How to enter free entry comps – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number (for late contact) in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig or Friday 1pm latest for weekend gigs.
Tuesday March 22
- Battles @ Button Factory (SOLD OUT)
[Math-rock] First Irish gig since Electric Picnic last summer.Playing Forbidden Fruit in June too.
- Ruby Sessions: Fiach Moriarty & more @ Doyle’s (€6, 9pm)
[Acoustic showcase] Read my interview with Conor Ruby Sessions.
- Crash Ensemble – Free State 9 @ National Concert Hall (€10)
[Contemporary composers] Music from Ireland’s up and coming composing talent, performed by Crash.
Wednesday March 23
- Race The Flux, Pranks, Bagels @ Sweeney’s (Free)
[Rock] Nice opportunity to check out three relatively new Irish bands.
- Beach, Vameel, Farah Elle @ Whelan’s (€7/€10)
[New Irish] Alt-rock, electronic and soul new artists.
Thursday March 24
- The 1975 @ 3Arena (€35)
[Rock/pop] The Sound is an earworm.
- Earwiggle Showcase @ The Wiley Fox (€6/€8, 10pm)
[Techno] with Manni Dee, C Mantle & Residents
Good Friday March 25
- BD Festival @ Glendalough House (€45+)
[BYOB Fest] Dimitri From Paris, Mylo, King Kong Company, Smash Hits and more over 4 stages.
- Jungle Boogie! @ Jigsaw (€12 , 10pm – 4am)
[5th Bday Bash] all vinyl oldskool jungle and hardcore sounds
Saturday March 26
- At The Drive In, Les Butcherettes @ Vicar Street (€46)
[Alt-rock] The return of the alt-rock experimentalists.
- God Creative, Soundwave Legacy, Costello, 5th Element and Mud @ The Chocolate Factory (€10)
[Rap/alternative] Launch of single Godzilla.
- The Bonny Men @ Whelan’s (€12)
[New trad] contemporary folk song
- Blood Or Whiskey, Trouble Pilgrims @ The Workman’s Club (€12.50)
[Celtic rock] Featuring: Cáit ‘Rocky’ O Riordan (The Pogues)
- Hipdrop Records Present Stripped:Danny G & the Major 7ths Trio @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[soul/ R&B] We Three Kings (DJ Set) Swooner Rather Than Hater (DJ Set)
- Flipside: PLO Man @ Bar Tengu (€8, 10pm)
[Dance] Berlin Community Radio presenter / Acting Press label owner
- BLOCK T’s Farewell Smithfield Party @ The Generator (€10)
[Party] DJ sets from Patrick Kelleher, Skinny Wolves, Hollywood Babylon & Nialler9
- Rolo Tomassi @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€14 or €12 with an At the Drive-In ticket stub, 11pm)
[Mathcore] UK Mathcore band presented by U:Mack
- Hunee @ Discotekken (€10-€15, 11pm)
[Club] A Telephones/DT favourite. disco, techno, afro, boogie, soul and more,
- Skream @ District 8 (€15, 11pm)
[Dance] Former dubstep posterboy now operates in a more crowded music market of house and disco.
- Sense: Maribou State & Pedestrian @ Button Factory (€12.50, 11pm)
[Electronic] UK electronic producer double bill.
- Roni Size and Krust Present Full Cycle @ Opium Rooms (€12, 11pm)
[D&B] Plus Dynamite MC & Hertz U Soundsystem
Sunday March 27
- Ajo Arkestra, Too Fools @ The Sugar Club (€10, 9pm)
[Afrobeat/ funk] + Djs T-Woc & Syl Black
- This Other Kingdom, Exploding Eyes, Be Curious, Kid @ The Workman’s Club (Free)
[New Irish] As part of the free For Jaysis Sake Easter events. DJs after.
- Tinfoil w/ The Building Society & Subject @ Hangar (€12/€15, 11pm)
[Techno] A collab between Sunil Sharpe and DeFeKT
- Lumo Easter Sunday @ Tengu (€10, 10pm, WIN PASSES)
[Club] The sixth installment of the monthly club of music assortments, classics and curveballs. Resident DJs are Nialler9, Simon Roche and Gavin Elsted (Adultrock)
- Sim Simma & All City Easter Sunday with Tenderloniou @ Wigwam (€7/€10, 10pm)
[Club] Producer Tenderlonious is the founder of 22a Music and multi-instrumentalist.
- Nightmares On Wax [Dj Set] , Colin Perkins @ The Pygmalion (€10, 9pm)
[DJ] Balearic vibe and classic soul lushness.
- Axel Boman, Kornél Kovács & Pedrodollar @ District 8 (€20, 11pm)
[Dance] Studio Barnhus record label night.
Monday March 28
- We-Bloom: Carron, Katie Laffan, For Forresters, Baba @ The Workman’s Club (Free)
[Showcase] A platform for upcoming bands & singer/songwriters to introduce themselves.
- Imagining Home: America @ NCH (€30+)
[Irish/American celebration] Rosanne Cash, Paul Brady, Maura O’Connell, Rodney Crowell, Andy Irvine, Tim O’Brien, Mick Moloney and band.