Ticket giveaways this week:
- Friday: Good Fridays: Nialler9 presents NO ADVANCE with secret lineup @ Block T (€12, BYOB, 8:30pm)
- Monday: Pusha T @ Button Factory (€26)
How to enter ticket comp – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig or Friday 3pm latest for weekend gigs.
Tuesday June 3rd
- Ryley Walker, Cian Nugent @ Whelan’s (€12)
[Folk] Modern folk musician / Irish instrumental guitarist
Wednesday June 4th
- Gary Clark Jr. @ Button Factory (€23)
[Blues] Blues-rock with R&B guitarist and singer.
- Kaleidoscope Presents: Finnish On The Fourth @ Odessa Club (€10)
[Contemporary] A sterling Finnish violin and accordion duo form perform in various baroque and folk guises.
Thursday June 5th
- Songs I Wish I’d Written: Bell X1, Conor O’ Brien, Ham Sandwich, The Walls, Gavin Glass & more @ Whelan’s (€16.50/€20)
[Charity] All in aid of Cystic Fibrosis – covers and originals. Mc Fred Cooke.
- Gigonometry Presents Amoric,Million Little Gods, Plutonic Dust, The Good Rain @ The Workman’s Club (€7/€10)
[Live] Plutonic Dust’s Chromatics style is the pick of this bunch.
- Téada Orchestra @ St. Michan’s Church (€8/€10)
[Orchestra] Collaborative renditions with Loah, Dan Forde (of Karmacloud), Jane Deasy, Wyvern Lingo’s Karen Cowley and Cameron Macaulay.
Friday June 6th
- Good Fridays: Nialler9 presents NO ADVANCE @ Block T (€12, BYOB, 8:30pm, WIN TICKETS)
[Indie/electronic] 3 unannounced bands play the Common Room. Bands will only be revealed on the night.
- Halves, Carriages @ The Workman’s Club (€10)
[Post-rock] Free Halves vinyl on the door too.
- Angel Olsen, Jaye Bartell, Sommervile @ Whelan’s (€14)
[Folk-Indie] Acoustic numbers, full vintage rock and poignant country-folk.
- Pandy Corporation,Peaks, Elll @ The Joinery (€10, BYOB)
[Ambient/electronic] – Watch the new video for ‘Polly Vaughan’ feat. Sive.
- Nick Oliveri @ Thomas House (SOLD OUT)
[Rock] Former Queens of the Stone Age bassist / Mondo Generator man.
- Goulash Disko @ The Grand Social (€12, 11pm)
[Live/DJs] Balkan cumbia soundclash.
- MUD: Dabledoo Fundraiser feat. Attention Bebe, Booka Brass, Fran Hartnett @ Twisted Pepper (€12/€15, 9pm)
[Electronic/live] Fundraiser for a music platform/classes for primary school children.
Saturday June 7th
- Irish Record Fair @ Sweeney’s (Free, Noon – 5pm)
[Market] Buy some records.
- Toumani & Sidiki Diabaté @ National Concert Hall (€16 up)
[Mali music] Diabaté father and son play the kora, a West African 21-strong lute/harp instrument.
- Overhead, The Albatross, Alarmist, Ben Bix @ The Grand Social (€10)
[Post-rock] Decent lineup of Irish acts with electronic-leaning support.
- Hot Sprockets @ The Button Factory (€15)
[Blues] Blues rock Dubliners launching new album.
- Hauschka @ Kevin Barry Room, National Concert Hall (€20)
[Contemporary] Piano composer, songwriter and experimental musician.
- Summer Beats: My Tribe Your Tribe, Wob!, Carriages @ Whelan’s (€7/€5)
[Electronic] Summer Beats! Pickled Onion and Homebeat join forces.
- Oh Boland / Me And My Dog Split Tape Launch! @ The Pop Inn (€10, BYOB)
[Indie] Listen to a track from the split.
- State’s Faces of June: Wild Promises Plutonic Dust, Amid Ships @ The Mercantile (Free, 9pm)
[Live bands] Look out for the Wild Promises new video debuting here this afternoon.
- Retro Revival w/ Gangs, Fallen Rule, Fiction Peaks, Future Phantoms @ Sweeney’s (€5, 9pm)
[Rock] Lots of guitars.
- Hidden Agenda: Karma Kid @ Button Factory (€5-€8, 11pm)
[Dance bass/house whizz kid who played with Bondax here last year.
- Pogo: Melodic presents Guti (Live) @ Twisted Pepper (€13-€15)
[Dance] #5 in Resident Advisor live acts of 2013.
- Mother’s 4th Birthday @ Copper Alley (€10)
[Club] a celebratory night with regular residents.
Sunday June 8th
- The Sunday Roast @ The Mercantile (Free, 9pm)
[Live] Fox Jaw play live the long-running Sunday social.
Monday June 9th
- Pusha T @ Button Factory (€26, WIN TICKETS)
[Rap] Still a snow-mover, blow harder than tuba. Support: Simi Crowns.