Win free entry:
- Saturday: Free entry/6 bottles of beer: From The Sugar Club with Love @ The Sugar Club (€5/€8, 10pm)
- Saturday: Inni-K @ Bello Bar (€10/€12)
- Saturday: A celebration of Red: Dream Frequency and 4 Rhythm @ Tivoli Theatre (€15, 11pm)
How to enter free entry comps – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number (for late contact) in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig or Friday 1pm latest for weekend gigs.
Tuesday November 10
- John Grant @ Vicar Street (€32.50)
[The Dude] THE GMF plays two nights. 2/2
- Joey Badass @ The Academy (€26.50)
[Rap] New York throwback rap.
- The Eagles Of Death Metal @ Olympia Theatre (SOLD OUT)
[Rock] Josh Homme’s Nudge nudge wink wink side-band.
- Kelley Stoltz @ Whelan’s (€11)
[Alt-rock] Exploding Eyes and Dirty Ghosts.
- u:mack Present High on Fire @ Button Factory (€20)
[Rock] “Motörheaded riff wizardry to soundtrack Season 666 of Game of Thrones”
Wednesday November 11
- Chewing On Tinfoil, Sinead White @ Whelan’s (€6)
[Rock] Plus Over Being Under.
- Skinny Wolves presents Sheer Mag, The #1s, Oh Boland @ Bello Bar (€10)
[Punk] “What if we gave this Thin Lizzy riff a disco beat?”
Thursday November 12
- Gigonometry Presents: We Raise Bears, I Am Niamh, Hawklion, The Ground Will Shake @ The Workman’s Club (€5/€8)
[New music] monthly showcase
- Marc O’Reilly @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€10)
[Folk] Cork singer-songwriter.
- Good Name: Bob Skeleton & Chewstick @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[New alt music] Bob Skeleton from Galway with support from Chewstick
- Cory Henry & The Funk Apostles @ The Sugar Club (€17.50-€20)
[Organist] 2014 Grammy Award Winner for Best R&B Performance
Friday November 13
- Scribble: Boogie an Domhain @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[DJ] Baz Hickey plays 45s all night.
- Stiff Little Fingers @ The Academy (€25)
[Punk] Belfast punk of the late 70s / early 80s.
- Le Boom, Rosa Nutty @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€6)
[Indie/pop] Brooklyn-based electronic pop.
- Hail The Ghost @ Whelan’s (€10)
[Alt-rock] Dublin alt-rock a la The National.
- Fujiya & Miyagi, Everything Shook @ Hangar (€15, WIN TICKETS)
[Alternative] Watch a recent live gig.
- Owensie, Landless @ A4 Sounds (€8, €15 with LP)
[Album Launch] Dramamine – listen at the Thin Air.
- Robocobra Quartet, I The Monster Hero & M(h)aol @ Bello Bar (€7)
[Alt/jazz/rock] Stream the Belfast band’s EP.
- Túcan @ The Workman’s Club (€12)
[Instrumental] Hear their Massive Attack cover.
- Dessa of Doomtree @ The Mercantile (€15)
[Rap] Special guest Aby Wolf Anti-One Dessa is a rapper, essayist, speaker, and a proud member of the Minneapolis Doomtree collective.
- Dip: Jayda G @ Jigsaw (BYOB, €12/€15, WIN TICKETS)
[Club] a DJ and producer based in Vancouver, Canada.
- Julio Bashmore @ The Academy (€22.90)
[Dance] Poppy house music – Knockin’ Boots.
- Curve present Joris Voorn @ Button Factory (€15, 11pm)
[Dance] Dutch DJ playing house/techno.
Saturday November 14
- Music & Record Fair @ The Bernard Shaw (Free, 1pm)
[Fair] Records, CDs and instruments.
- Songbook @ Smock Alley (€8./€10)
[Performances & chats] from Valerie Francis and Conor Deasy (Biggles Flys Again/Tomorrows), in conversation with Emmet Condon
- The Mountain Goats @ Whelan’s (SOLD OUT)
[Indie/rock] Support from The Weather Station.
- Inni-K @ Bello Bar (€10/€12)
[Folk/pop] listen to album The King Has Two Horse’s Ears
- Weathertop Residents Party @ Primal Sound: Megacone @ The Wiley Fox (Free)
[Club] psychedelic bands and DJs
- Burning Up @ The Grand Social (11pm, Free)
[Club] DJ Kelly-Anne Byrne’s monthly disco night.
- From The Sugar Club with Love @ The Sugar Club (€5/€8, 10pm, WIN TICKETS/BEER)
[Club night]”two rooms, quality music, homegrown Djs and a super sound crew from Dublin’s party scene”
- Hidden Agenda & Sense: Bob Moses @ Button Factory (€12, 11pm)
[Electronic] Domino Records Canadian duo. Ain’t Going to Be The First To Cry.
- A celebration of Red: Dream Frequency and 4 Rhythm @ Tivoli Theatre (€15, 11pm, WIN TICKETS)
[Old school Dance] Plus DJs X-Ray (No1 Old Skool DJ) Mark Kavanagh (Sound Crowd), Colm Doogan (System)
- Strictly Deep is 3: Steve Bug @ Hangar (€12, 10:30pm)
[Dance] Kaily Dan Stritch Bobofunk Mark Gill 4Ward Grad Mulljoy Willo
Sunday November 15
- Kurt Vile and The Violators @ Vicar Street (€25)
[Indie/Alt] Pretty Pimpin.
- Back to the Future LIVE @ Bord Gáis Energy Theatre (€30-€60)
[Film screening] Live score by RTE Concert Orchestra.
- Aine Cahill @ Whelan’s (€8/€10)
[Folk/pop] 20 year old singer / songwriter from Cavan.
- Talib Kweli @ The Sugar Club (€20)
[Rap] + Stretch & Bobbito : Radio That Changed Lives Screening
Monday November 16
- Ducktails @ Whelan’s (€20)
[indie/rock] Los Angeles singer-songwriter alt/indie band.
- M.C. Schmidt [Matmos], Jennifer Walshe / Nick Roth @ The Grand Social (€12)
[Experimental] M.C. Schmidt is one half of the acclaimed electronic duo Matmos. With support from: The Water Project Anthony Kelly / David Stalling