TUESDAY MARCH 14TH
- John Spillane @ An Seomra, Midleton (7pm, €15)
The latest in the Skylark series of intimate events in Midleton is headlined by erstwhile Leeside singer-songwriter John Spillane.
WEDNESDAY MARCH 15TH
- CIT Battle of the Bands @ Cyprus Avenue (8.30pm, €2)
The second heat of CIT Music Soc’s band competition sees four more young bands take to stage at Cyprus Avenue.
THURSDAY MARCH 16TH
- Hope is Noise @ Fred Zeppelin’s (9pm, free)
Paddy’s Eve bash at the city’s rock ‘n’ roll stronghold, headlined by Leeside post-hardcore veterans.
- Tinfoil @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €12.50)
Techno cornerstones Sunil Sharpe and DeFekt play a rare Cork gig as duo Tinfoil. Support from Elll and Jamie Behan.
FRIDAY MARCH 17TH
- Ye Vagabonds @ Connolly’s of Leap (6pm, free)
A special early show from the folk brother duo, following a busy 2016 that saw their debut E.P. and a European tour support for Villagers.
- Daithí @ Connolly’s of Leap (10pm, free)
A late special from the Galwegian genre-clashing trad/folk composer/improv electronic musician.
- Waze & Odyssey @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €20)
House duo return to Cork to assist Paddy’s Day proceedings at Cyprus Avenue.
SATURDAY MARCH 18TH
- Usher’s Island @ Live at St. Luke’s (7.30pm, €30)
An all-star line-up of trad musicians turns out for post-Paddy’s Day proceedings, including Donal Lunny, Mike McGoldrick, Andy Irvine, Paddy Glackin & John Doyle.
- Meljoann @ Gulpd Cafe (8pm, free)
Former skweee peddler takes to Gulpd Cafe for an intimate show, a rare Leeside excursion for a producer busying herself between Brighton and Berlin. Support from OutOut.
- Paddy Dennehy & the Red Herring @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (8pm, pass-the-hat)
Live jazz/folk, with support from Ennis singer/songwriter Siomhá.
- John Blek @ Sirius Arts Centre (8.30pm, €15)
The Rats vocalist and songwriter continues his extended solo lash in support of second album ‘Cut the Lights’.
- Flashmob @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €15)
A label night for the world-travelled house/techno project/collective, with Leeside project Bruming in support.
SUNDAY MARCH 19TH
- Oh Boland! @ Gulpd Cafe (7.30pm, €6)
Galway garage-pop power-trio hit Gulpd Cafe, with local support from shamble-pop outfit Land Crabs.
- James OR & Emma Langford (8pm, pass-the-hat)
Double-header of alt-folk for this month’s Over the Shop Counter gig, courtesy of Cork singer-songwriter James OR and Limerick composer Emma Langford.