FRIDAY NOVEMBER 29TH
- TPM & Post-Punk Podge (9pm, €12)
Dundalk’s resident poet-laureates are joined on their ‘Heaven is a Harp Pint’ tour by Limrock multi-instrumentalist Podge and his Technohippies.
- Greenshine & Vickers Vimy (9pm, €18)
A double-bill of folk from Cork and Mayo respectively, in the back room of the venue on Douglas Street.
- The Blizzards @ DeBarra’s (9pm, €20)
Pop-rock superstars play an intimate show at the Clonakilty folk outpost.
- Damsel @ The Corner House (10pm, free)
The Coburg St. folk outpost continues its Final Friday residency with Luke O’Neill and collaborators.
- Hammer @ Dali (10pm, €13)
Glaswegian house/techno selector and Bicep collaborator heads upstairs for Dali boss Hope Alo’s Under the Rose night.
- Ryan Deasy @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €5)
A night of house and techno that’s being billed as, and I quote, “The Late Late Deasy Show”. Tunes for everyone in the audience!
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 30TH
- MA Students Play Cage @ Shandon Guesthouse (6pm, €tbc)
The rare covers gig we recommend: students of the MA in Experimental Sound Practice from UCC, led by lecturer Danny McCarthy, perform some of the latter-day works of composer John Cage.
- County Vinyl @ PLUGD/The Roundy (7pm, €tbc)
A big, long night of techno upstairs, with local selectors DDD presiding over tunes til close.
- BAILER & more @ Dali (7pm, €12)
A massive Irish hardcore line-up upstairs on Carey’s Lane, as Corkonians BAILER and Worn Out are joined by Northern noiseniks Hornets and UK outfit Black Coast.
- Stephanie Rainey @ Live at St. Luke’s (8pm, SOLD OUT)
The second of two sold-out nights for Glanmire’s homegrown pop sensation (pictured).
- Zealot Cult @ Fred Zeppelin’s (9pm, €8)
Veteran Limerick death-metallers headline this month’s Paranoid Pit, with support from Cork black-metallers Gealach, and Mullingar death-metallers Atheos.
- Wiggle’s 2oth Earthday Celebration @ The Kino (9pm, €10)
Kinsale dub/electro outfit lowers the boom for its twentieth anniversary of spacey, progressive reggae.
- GIANT SWAN @ Dali (11pm, €13)
A coup for the relatively young venue to say the least, as the hottest act in techno touches down on Carey’s Lane.
- Fish Go Deep’s 31st Anniversary @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €15)
Greg and Shane mark another year of presiding over house in Cork city with their monthly residency upstairs on Caroline Street.
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 31ST
- Circuits of Heaven & Simon MacHale @ Maureen’s (7.30pm, €tbc)
A double-header from the Electronic Folk collective, as Kevin Power’s solo project is joined by Corkonian multi-instrumentalist Simon MacHale for a semi-acoustic gig.