FRIDAY MAY 31ST:
- Chasing Abbey @ Cyprus Avenue (7.30pm, €18.50)
Dublin pop-hoppers headline an early show at the Caroline Street venue.
- Mongoose @ Connolly’s of Leap (8pm, €15)
Folk outfit tours second LP ‘Suck the Wound’, including an engagement under the famous hammers.
- Fintan McKahey @ The Brú (9pm, free)
‘God Games’ singer-songwriter and band take to the stage as part of McCurtain Street’s ‘Soul in the City’ proceedings.
- Pheromone @ O’Sho (9pm, free)
Sonny Emerald goes solo for the latest edition of his new night at Barrack Street’s new venue.
- Hatchlings @ Coughlan’s (9pm, €7)
Folk/jazz explorers play the back room on Douglas St. in an Unemployable Promotions gig off the back of new E.P. ‘Gay Hymns’.
- Nudy Boy Nature + Elaine Malone @ The Corner House (10pm, free)
Rockin’ and rollin’ with new music from ex-O Emperor folk and a solo set from Cork/Limerick singer-songwriter.
- Jamie Behan + Thirteen @ Dali (10pm, €10)
A night of breaks and beats from Cork’s techno godfather and production duo Thirteen.
- Aaron Stanton @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €3)
A ‘multi-purpose DJ’, reads the presser on the ticket page.
SATURDAY JUNE 1ST:
- Swansea Laptop Orchestra @ The Shandon Guesthouse (7.30pm, tbc)
Swansea Laptop Orchestra are an electronic music duo that use laptops, hacked game controllers and sensors to make experimental electronic music. Joined at the Northside avant-garde haven by residents The Quiet Club.
- Under a Plastic Cloud @ The Roundy/PLUGD (8pm, €tbc)
Hello everyone, get your dancin’ shoes on, it’s time for a rock ‘n’ roll dance party.
- Versicolour @ O’Sho (9pm, free)
Crate-digger, Allchival groove consultant and all-around good fella John Byrne continues to impress with his new solo excursion.
- Stevie G’s Old School Party @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €8)
80s and 90s hip-hop/r’n’b all night long, with the legendary Stevie Grainger on decks and the Hot Sauce Dance Crew supplying moves.
SUNDAY JUNE 2ND:
- Mockie Ah! Sunday Funday @ Crane Lane Theatre (3pm, free)
The Haus of Mockie Ah’s annual all-ages spectacular returns, and this year, ‘Diaries of a Drag Queen’ author Crystal Rasmussen makes her Irish debut. Family-friendly show.
- Ping-Pong @ O’Sho (9pm, free)
Albert Twomey and Niall Woof, mega-powers of alternative music in Cork, bring forth an extended edition of their much-loved proceedings.
- Not How, When! @ The Roundy/PLUGD (9pm, €tbc)
“Join Sonny, Jean-Luc & Flukey for our June Weekend Party in Plugd. Mystery, Acceptance & The Dance”
- The Tan Jackets @ Crane Lane Theatre (9pm, free)
An all-star team of Cork psych-rockers and improvisers leave their touch on 60s proto-punk and psychedelic classics from all over the world.
- Wired Deep @ Cyprus Avenue (10pm, €8)
The residents of Wired Deep hold it down on Caroline Street, with Abstrakt and Cahily joining them in a night of house and techno.