FRIDAY OCTOBER 18TH
- Jake Clemons @ Cyprus Avenue (7.30, €17.50)
E-Street Band saxophonist turns his multi-instrumental hand to solo work and new tunes.
- Jack O’Rourke @ Sirius Arts Centre (8pm, €15)
Chart-topping Corkonian singer-songwriter takes to Cobh for an evening gig at the Sirius.
- Brigid Mae Power @ The Roundy/PLUGD (8.30pm, €10)
Singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist headlines at the Castle Street venue, with support from emerging psych/folk star Aoife Nessa Frances.
- The Cedartowns @ The White Horse (8.30pm, €13)
The Nugent sisters and collaborators stop by the Ballincollig folk/Americana outpost for an intimate performance upstairs.
- Cry Monster Cry @ Winthrop Avenue (9pm, €12.50)
Long-running alternative outfit presage their latest album with an Irish tour, including a downstairs stop by Caroline Street.
- Join Me in the Pines @ Coughlan’s (9pm, €15)
Dave Geraghty’s solo project continues post-album touring with an intimate gig in the back room on Douglas Street.
- TABOO @ Dali (10pm, €tbc)
Stevie G, Grillz and Chedder resume their positions at Dali’s monthly Afrocentric beats night.
SATURDAY OCTOBER 19TH
- Doppelganger: Cork Zine Fest @ St. Peter’s (10am, free entry)
An all-day celebration of zines, DIY media, and workshops at St. Peter’s on North Main Street (workshops €5, link and more info here).
- CYM: Not Another Gig @ The Friary (7pm, donations)
The Connolly Youth Movement advocates for direct action and unionisation as an alternative to electoralism as a means of left organisation in Ireland. Andrew Horgan (Catacombs), Graham Cooney and more playing on the night.
- The Ocelots @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (8pm, donations)
The brothers Johnson head to the village venue out West as part of a weekend in Rebel country.
- Boa Morte @ The Roundy/PLUGD (8pm, €10)
After reappearing ahead of this year’s Sounds from a Safe Harbour, Cork ambient/alternative veterans launch new album ‘Before There Was Air’. Caoilian Sherlock and Joey Gavin supporting.
- Elise @ Crane Lane Theatre (8pm, €10)
Singer-songwriter launches new EP, showcasing synth-inflected folk informed by small-town Ireland.
- Demuja @ Dali (10pm, €10)
Austrian-based producer brings a touch of soul to house/disco productions and selections.
- Welshy @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €12.50)
Kilkenny pop-house producer/DJ headlines on Caroline Street, having signed to Good Soldier (Freya Ridings/Gavin James).
SUNDAY OCTOBER 20TH
- Sunday Sessions @ Dali (6pm, free in)
Gwada Mike takes the decks for the Carey’s Lane venue’s weekly chill session.
- Olivia Furey & Walsh/Pavon @ The Roundy/PLUGD (7pm, €5)
Cork Improvised Music Collective brings Limerick sound-artist Olivia Furey to town for her Leeside debut, while Dan Walsh and dancer Inma Pavon reprise their live collaboration.
- The Ocelots @ Coughlan’s (8pm, €15)
The Johnson brothers continue their Cork excursion with a gig on Douglas Street.
- John Blek @ DeBarra’s of Clonakilty (8pm, €10)
Cork singer-songwriter continues touring his fourth solo album in as many years.
- Jeykll & Jeykll @ Crane Lane Theatre (9pm, free)
Jazz/funk/psych fusion duo launch their new E.P. at the Crane Lane, the second of three record launches at the venue this weekend.
- Mr. Shingles @ Crane Lane Theatre (midnight, free)
Barcelona/Cork blues-rock outfit launch new album ‘Green in Blue’, exploring the history of the genre’s Irish influences.