Monday October 22nd
- Idles @ The Button Factory (Sold Out)
The British group behind one of the year’s absolute best punk albums. ‘Never Fight A Man With A Perm‘.
- Bloc Party @ 3 Arena (€49+)
British indie-group perform material from their Silent Alarm LP, a classic.
- Dermot Kennedy @ Vicar Street (Sold Out)
Expect pop anthems from the talented Dubliner.
- Baby Witch, Rachael Lavelle, Maija Sofia @ The Workman’s Club (Free)
Plenty of fantastic domestic talent on offer here.
- The Circle Sessions: Syrens, Philip Lynch, Hatchlings @ The International Bar (Free)
Weekly night showcasing the best in Dublin spoken word and acoustic performances.
Tuesday October 23rd
- First Aid Kit @ Olympia Theatre (Sold Out)
Haunting atmosfolk from Swedish duo.
- Toots & The Maytals @ Tivoli Theatre (€36+)
- Quiet Lights: Rosie Carney, Landless, Anna Mieke @ National Concert Hall (€15+)
A new gig series which sets out to showcase some of the nation’s most engaging folk artists.
- Grace Carter @ The Sugar Club (€19+)
British artist with nu-R&B vibes.
Wednesday October 24th
- Mutual Benefit @ Whelan’s (€16)
Great indie-folk music. Storm Cellar Heart.
- David Byrne, Benjamin Clementine @ 3 Arena (€68+)
One of the week’s most exciting prospects.
- Wastefellow @ The Grand Social (8.30pm, €7+)
The Softboy records electronic artist celebrates the release of his Post Human Potential EP.
- Freya Ridings @ Tivoli Theatre (Sold Out)
British singer-songwriter. ‘Lost Without You‘.
Thursday October 25th
- Future Proof: Orla Gartland, Kitt Philippa, Gadget & The Cloud @ Bello Bar (€9+)
The first Future Proof in awhile delves deep into some of the nation’s premier folk artists.
- Tribal Dance, Good Name, Bua @ Tengu (€5+)
A variety of fresh local talent.
- RTÉ Radio 1 Folk Awards @ Vicar Street (Sold Out)
Featuring performances from Saint Sister, Lankum, Andy Irvine plus plenty more.
- Baywaves, Silverbacks @ East Side Tavern (€13+)
A madrid-based group with a self-branded hipnopop style
- Secret Thursdays @ Pyg (Free)
A weekly event in which a secret booking takes over the tunes for the night.
Friday October 26th
- The Voidz @ Vicar Street (€36+)
Julian Casablancas fronted indie group take to Vicar Street.
- People Under The Stairs @ The Sugar Club (€22+)
Proper old school hip-hop from LA. ‘San Fransico Knights‘.
- Vieux Farka Toure @ The Sugar Club (€25+)
Malian singer and guitarist brings African groove to Leeson street.
- Montauk Hotel,Beauty Sleep @ Workman’s Club (€7+)
Some alternative rock with support from one of favourite Northern Irish groups.
- Leila Jane @ Whelan’s (€10+)
Headline slot for Irish folk/americana artist.
- Dub Tiger, Brian Ring, Daser @ Pyg (Free)
Three international DJs take over the vaults for the night.
- The Reflex, Kelly-Ann Byrne, Pablo Fatty Fatty, Tea Party,Haiku DJs @ Tengu (9pm, 5+)
So many fantastic selectors are taking over Tengu for an entire evening and night.
- Hot Since 82 @ District 8 (11pm, €16+)
A hugely popular deep house act.
- Wriggle:ELLLL @ Wigwam (11pm, €6+)
A leading name in Irish alternative dance. Check out the boiler room.
- Lime & Fancy: Fade To Grey @ Wigwam (11pm, Free)
A club night playing strictly 80s and 90s bangers.
- Joey Negro @ Button Factory (11pm, €12+)
British house DJ with a penchant for absolutely huge tunes.
- Attention Bébé @ The Grand Social (11pm, Free)
Late night Halloween themed gig from everybody’s favourite cover band.
- Club Comfort 11: Sídhe, Manara @ 80 Parnell Street (11pm, €8+)
One of the city’s best alternative club nights.
- Midnight Hour: Sun Mashene, Glossolalia @ Whelan’s Upstairs (11.45pm, Free)
Sleek psychedelic rock.
Saturday October 27th
- Metropolis Music Festival @ RDS (4PM, €109+)
The Villagers curated day of Metropolis features performances from Friendly Fires, Gwenno, David Keenan and of course Villagers
- Division X Vision Collector: Fran Harett, Nathan Jones@ Pyg (6pm, Free)
A live set from forward-thinking DJ and producer Fran Harnett. As if bank holiday Saturday at Pyg wasn’t tempting enough as is.
- Lisa O’Neill @ Vicar Street (€20+
Cavan native and superb singer-songwriter.
- Secret Sonic Cinematheque: Samhain 2018 edition @ A4 Sounds (€11+)
Halloween showcase featuring new experimental forays into audio-visual mediums.
- Her’s @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€15+)
Self-proclaimed international supersonic spectral wave Liverpool band.
- Phosphorescent @ Tivoil Theatre (€25+)
- Halloween Gnarnival: This Fresh Hell, ssmmutt, Schindlers Fist @ Bello Bar (€10+)
A toon of psychedelic groups all gathered in the one place. Right on.
- BC Camplight @ Workman’s Club (€16+)
Lo-fi indie from New Jersey native
- Tom Grennan @ The Academy (Sold Out)
Very popular British singer-songwriter. ‘Found What I’ve Been Looking For‘
- SOMA: Sean O’B, Modernlove @ Whelan’s Upstairs (Free Before 10.30pm)
Whelan’s natives throw another gig featuring some stellar domestic talent.
- Lumo Club, Kelly-Anne Byrne @ Tengu (10.30pm, €7+)
The Lumo crew celebrate their third birthday with a little help from radio presenter and DJ Kelly Anne Byrne.
- Hidden Agenda: Marcus O’Laoire @ District 8 (11pm, €11+)
The soundest man in Europe plays a headline set.
Sunday October 28th
- Optic Music Record Store Popup @ Hen’s Teeth (Free, 12 – 5pm)
Their selection includes classic disco, rock, electronic, post-punk and pop and more in 12″ albums
Metropolis Music Festival @ RDS (€104+)
The mega Sunday bill features Blood Orange, Mac Demarco, The Black Madonna and many more.
- Mother Bank Holiday Bottomless Brunch @ Bow Lane (2pm,€25+)
Exactly what it says on the tin.
- BarnDance: Day Of The Dead Festival @ Glendalough (4pm, €27+)
A heavily stacked one-day festival featuring performances from Perc,Or;la, Ejeca to name but a few.
- Greg Wilson, DJ Deece, Colin Perkins, Mix & Fairbanks, Jordan @ Pyg (€25)
Pyg’s very own townhouse of horrors gig featuring a ton of fantastic DJs.
- Boy Pablo @ The Button Factory (€27+)
Norweigan indie-pop artist. ‘Everytime‘.
- Versatile @ The Olympia Theatre (Sold Out)
One of the nation’s most popular and controversial hip-hop acts, satire or not.
- Robert Plant, Van Morrison @ 3 Arena (€88+)
Two rock’n’roll legends share a stage.
- Cicles Winter: Robert Hood, Octave One, Freddy K, Mode_1, Cailín @ District 8 (€20+),
The people behind the circles festival present another night of techno heaven featuring some of the biggest names in the industry.
- Index:The Lab: Saoirse, New Jackson, R.Kitt @ 39/40(10pm, €12+)
Immersive fancy dress experience featuring some fantastic dance talent.
- Tall Tales House Of Kitsuné @ Loughcrew Gardens & Estate (11pm, €55+)
A big old fancy dress rave. BYOB too.
- Mother: Disco Bloodbath @ The Church Café Bar (11pm, Sold Out)
The Mother DJs throw a Halloween bash. Expect the best kind of scenes.
- Nightcap: Tom Trago, Automatic Tasty, Kenny Hanlon @ Tengu (10pm, Free)
Dutch house and techno DJ takes a trip to Dublin for a night of big tunes.