After last year’s inaugural Musictown event, the celebration of music talent and culture in the capital of all genres by Dublin City Council is back for ten days from April 6th to 17th this year.
- Neneh Cherry and her husband Cameron McVey, famed for producing Massive Attack’s ‘Blue Lines’ album, will take part in Banter at The National Gallery of Ireland, a public interview with Jim Carroll followed by a DJ set later that evening at Wigwam.
- Nialler9 presents a Minimum Maximum BYOB gig with David Kitt, I Have Tribe, AE Mak and more @ the Dublin Food Co-op in Newmarket Square in Dublin 8. (Buy tickets)
- Sonic Whispers @ Whelans sees three bands (Bitch Falcon, Bunoscionn, Wounded Healer) from three different genres (Rock/Indie, Trad, Electronic) take to the stage for a night of music, Q&A and fun including audience participation, improvisation and collaboration.
- ‘Trad Rising’ in The Button Factory, with performances from Lynched, Ye Vagabonds, Skippers Alley and Landless.
- Crash Ensemble featuring Iarla O’Lionaird, Adrian Crowley and Linda Buckley
- Choice Cuts presents Rusangano Family album launch at The Sugar Club
- Sing Along Social – ‘Divas’, featuring everything from Whitney to Celine.
- MusicTown and Ruby Sessions present Ruby Sessions
- Aiken Promotions present Giant ³ Sand and Jason Lytle
- Reverberation Psychedelic festival featuring Twinkranes, Woven Skull and more.
- Bottlenote and the Irish Film Institute present Sound of Silents; music by Seán Mac Erlaine (woodwind/electronics), Seán Carpio (percussion/guitar/loops), Jack McMahon (turntables), Eoghan Neff (fiddle) and Shane Latimer (guitar/electronics).
- Sven Anderson presents Continuous Drift – New Works
- MusicTown presents Lynched @ITMA – The Irish Traditional Music Archive
- Grand Social present September Girl plus guests Fierce Mild & Spines
- Take a look at the schedule of events.
Purchase Tickets for the Nialler9 BYOB event on April 16th on EventBrite.