The 7-day gig guide to Dublin music and events
If you’re looking for tickets to sold out gigs try #ticketfairy on Twitter.
Ticket freebies this week:
- Domino: For BDK @ The Grand Social (Thursday)
- We Cut Corners, Slow Skies @ The Workman’s Club (Friday)
How to enter – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig.
Monday November 25th
- Glen Hansard @ Vicar Street (€30)
[Rock] Benefit concert for the Dublin Simon Community & the Peter McVerry Trust.
- The Naked & Famous @ Olympia Theatre (€22.50)
[Pop] New Zealand pop rock.
- Bombay Bicycle Club @ The Academy (€22.50)
[Indie] Canadian indie-rock. Safe Around The Edges.
- Daughn Gibson @ Whelan’s (€16.50)
[Country] Sub Pop-released country is still country?
Tuesday November 26th
- Glen Hansard, Lisa O’Neill @ Vicar Street (€30)
[Rock] Final show of his solo show.
- Budweiser Future Sounds: Becoming A Headliner @ Popup Studio Georges St (Free, 6pm email for entry)
[Talk] Indiependence’s Shane Dunne talks festivals.
- Customer night @ Tower Records (Free, 7:30pm – 9pm)
[Shop] some drinks, some bites, some live acoustic set from Pugwash and more.
Wednesday November 27th
- Budweiser Future Sounds: A Life In Music @ Popup Studio Georges St (Free, 6pm email for entry)
[Talk] Republic of Loose’s Mik Pyro talks.
- Planes, Trains and Automobiles with Le Galaxie @ Damson Diner (€15, 7:30pm)
[Screening food] Irish Times’ The Ticket present Le Galaxie’s Thanksgiving film choice and food/drink in the form of Le Galaxie Turkey Burger & the Cranberry Cocktail.
- Baths @ Button Factory (€16.50)
[Electronic] Will Wiesenfeld’s electronic project is now a duo.
- Duckworth Lewis Method @ Olympia Theatre (€25.40)
[Rock] They don’t like cricket no..
- Triúr @ The Mansion House (€15)
[Trad] Launch of CD “Honor the creaters” Cd ‘Omós’ launch by Artist Bobby Ballagh.
- ”Help The Philippines” Music Fundraiser @ The Workman’s Club (€7)
[Rock] Buffalo Sunn, Colour//Sound and Champagne Animal.
- Bruce Willis X First Second Label @ Lost Society (€5-€8, 10:30pm)
[Electronic] Billed as a Best of Irish. Bobofunk b2b Daire Carolan, Ickis Mirolo and more.
Movements: Klangkarussell @ Button Factory (SOLD OUT, 10:30pm)Postponed til December 4th
[Electronic] duo behind the hit Sonnentanz.
Thursday November 28th
- Budweiser Future Sounds: Tools for today’s Manager @ Popup Studio Georges St (Free, 6pm email for entry)
[Talk] Ken Allen on artist management.
- The Animators: Drawn Together launch @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[Rap] Launch of new EP and poster slam featuring some of Irish artists and creatives.
- Heathers @ The Academy (€14.50)
[Pop/rock] The twins play their last big show of 2013.
- Phantom presents: Come On Live Long, Darling @ The Workman’s Club (Free)
[Irish] Excellent year for COLL while Darling are just starting out but have much ambition.
- Zebra: More Than Conquerors, Race The Flux @ Whelans Upstairs (Facebook guestlist)
[Rock] New Irish music. Post-midnight start.
- Domino: For BDK @ The Grand Social (€5, 11pm, WIN TICKETS)
[Electro] Swedish electronic drugbeat duo. New Ways Of Digging Deeper.
Friday November 29th
- Musical Youth Foundation 4th Birthday Party @ Button Factory (€10)
[Fundraiser] The Barley Mob and Bionic Rats.
- Vyvienne Long @ Grand Masonic Lodge (€15)
[Live] Cellist playing new material.
- We Cut Corners, Slow Skies @ The Workman’s Club (€12, WIN TICKETS)
[Indie] Launch of new single YKK.
- Nordic: Crash Ensemble @ Project Arts Centre (€20)
[Contemporary/classical] Crash Ensemble & Valgeir Sigurðsson bring you music from the vast landscapes and expansive beauty of the northern shores of Europe.
- Mr Scruff @ The Sugar Club (€17.50)
[DJ] Scruff’s only Dublin show this year plus Funktion 1 Sound System.
- Homebeat: Bantum, Sleep Thieves, Swords, Carriages @ Mabos (€15, BYOB)
[Live] Good Irish music in a cool venue for Homebeat’s 2nd Birthday.
- The North Sea, Death In The Sickroom, Garr Cleary @ Whelan’s Upstairs (BYOB, €10)
[Rock] Post-punk band headline.
- Sidetracked: The Last Birthday with Eomac & Brame @ The Dark Horse Inn (Free, €5 after 12)
[DJs] Plus loads more. 4th birthday and their last party.
- MUD: Bedlam Present Huxley, Lasertom, Diamond Dagger @ Twisted Pepper (10:30pm, €12/€10, €8 concession)
[Dance] Launch of Lasertom’s LP Drift.
- Together Disco @ The Pint (10:30pm, €10)
[DJs] A night called ”Get ’em Off Ya!” to raise money for the Movember cause.
Saturday November 30th
- The Chameleons @ Whelan’s (€20)
[Rock] Return of old Manchester band. Up Down The Escalator.
- Somadrone, Twinkranes, Patrick Kelleher @ The Grand Social (€10)
[Electronic/live] Launch of The First Wave album.
- Enemies, Tvvins @ Button Factory (€8)
[Rock] Wicklow post-rock band fresh from their Asian tour and the awesome Tvvins.
- Annie Mac presents: Cyril Hahn, Duke Dumont, MNEK @ The Academy (SOLD OUT)
[Dance] The Annie Mac tour.
- O Emperor, Cat Dowling @ The Workman’s Club (€15)
[indie] Waterford band play songs from Vitreous plus Cat Dowling plays The Believer.
- District54: Plutonic Dust (EP Launch) @ Twisted Pepper (€5)
[Electro/disco] Launch of Chromatics-esque band.
- Beardyman, Deady, Handsome Paddy, Lil Dave @ The Sugar Club (€17.50, €20, 9pm)
[Electronic] Looping beatboxer, Cork soul singer and great local support DJs.
- Big Dish Go 8th Birthday Party: Luke Vibert @ Kennedy’s, Westland Row (€12/€15, 10:30pm)
[Dance] Plus new Funktion-one sound system with Automatic Tasty and Robbie Ryan.
- Hidden Agenda: Onra, Fort Romeau @ Button Factory (11pm, €10)
[Dance] Onra’s rap electronic tunes are always a winner while Fort Romeau recent Stay / True EP is rather excellent.
- POGO: Subject present Dave Clarke @ Twisted Pepper (10:30pm, €20)
[Dance] Techno don plus Sunil Sharpe and Niall Cleary.
Sunday December 1st
- DIY Audio Electronics Workshop @ Storm Studios, Rathmines (Morning 9:30am Afternoon / 1:30pm, €49/€39 or €89/€74 for both)
[Workshop] Introduction to DIY audio electronics . Build your own a light controlled synthesizer or a Fuzz distortion pedal.
- 12 Sundays: 12 DJs @ The Bernard Shaw (Free, 9pm)
[DJs/Live] Laidback vibes.
- Bronagh Gallagher @ Whelan’s (€15)
[Soul] Derry singer does retro Motown-style songs.
- ChristOf, Maria Sommerville @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€10)
[Singer/songwriter] Contemporary folk.
Monday December 2nd
- Téada Orchestra @ The Back Loft (€8/€6)
[Chamber music] A group of 20 young violin, viola, cello and double bass players who came together through their love of string music.
- Barenaked Ladies @ The Academy (€28.50)
[Pop] Canadian rock royalty as it says.