Email for free entry:
- Friday: Out To Lunch presents Call Super @ Bar Tengu (10pm)
How to enter free entry comps – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number (for late contact) in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig or Friday 1pm latest for weekend gigs.
Tuesday January 26
- BOB DYLAN, NYC @ Gallery of Photography, Meeting House Square (6:30pm launch)
[Photography] 1961-64 photographs by Ted Russell
- Ruby Sessions @ Doyle’s (€6, 9pm)
[Acoustic showcase] Read my interview with Conor Ruby Sessions.
Wednesday January 27
- IMRO – The Business of Music Panel @ IMRO (5:30pm)
[Panel] taking your music overseas from the line-up with Patrick Boyle (Milwaukee Irish Fest), Anita Daly (Daly Communications), Cathy Jordan (Dervish), Martin Nolan (MPI Bands & Essential Artists) and Paddy McPoland (Tour Manager for The High Kings).
- Low Sea @ Whelan’s (€10)
[Alternative] narcotic pop.
- Ciaran Lavery @ St Werbergh’s Church (€10/€16)
[Tradfest] Antrim Singer-songwriter.
- I Heart Bowie @ Whelan’s (€15)
[Tribute] Friends of Whelan’s gather to pay tribute. All money to Irish Cancer Society.
Thursday January 28
- Villagers @ Vicar Street (€28)
[Indie/singer-songwriter] Where Have You Been All My Life?’ / Darling Arithmetic on tour
- Paddy Hanna, Rosa Nutty @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€12)
[Indie/rock] Great Irish songwriter. Austria.
- Oisin Mac Diarmada & Seamus Begley @ Dublin City Hall (€20)
[Tradfest] West Kerry accordionist and singer Séamus Begley with Sligo fiddler Oisín Mac Diarmada.
- Hayden Chisholm @ The Workman’s Club Vintage Room (€10)
[Contemporary] “considered one Europe’s most distinctive and innovative voices on the saxophone.”
- Ré @ St. Michan’s Church (€20)
[Tradfest] Liam Ó Maonlaí and his band
- Moot: Odú @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[new music] Nice new track – Different.
- Teddy Thompson @ Button Factory (€22)
[Tradfest] son of British folk-rock legends Richard and Linda Thompson
- The Family Tree 1st Birthday: Ritzi Lee @ The Wiley Fox (€8, 1opm)
[Dance ] Techno headliner. Oli Drakeford, Stephen Dylanson, Tommy Holohan, Luke Xander
Friday January 29
- Martin Hayes & Friends @ St. Patrick’s Cathedral (€37)
[Tradfest] The Gloaming fiddle player and mates.
- The Lost Brothers @ St. Michan’s Church (Sold out)
[Tradfest] harmonic folk duo.
- Hennessy Lost Fridays: Toby Kaar, Talos, Forrests and more @ RHA Gallery (€15)
[Gallery party] Anna-Mieke Music, Nialler9’s Vinyl Love and more.
- Minimal Film: performed by Kirkos Ensemble @ Samuel Beckett Theatre (€10/€12)
[Classical/contemporary] an audiovisual performance of celebrated minimalist film scores accompanied by visuals. Curated by Natasha Paulberg
- Psychotic Reaction: Exploding Eyes, Shrug Life (solo), Switzerland, Surfin’ Surfers @ The Mezz (Free, 9pm)
[Garage] Rock, garage and indie bands.
- Fun Lovin’ Criminals @ Vicar Street (€35)
[Soul/pop] Come find your nostalgia.
- Jarrod Dickenson @ The Grand Social (€10)
[Singer-songwriter] TX singer-songwriter.
- Scribble: Misha Freshin @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[DJs] Rap and beats.
- Shifted & Jonas Kopp @ District 8 (€12, 11pm)
[House] Shifted Boiler Room.
- WIN PASSES: Out To Lunch presents Call Super @ Bar Tengu (€8.50, 10pm)
[Electronic] Plus Kenny Hanlon & Funktion-one. NTS Radio show.
- Sim Simma presents: Jammz & AJ Tracey @ Wigwam (€10, 10pm)
[Grimes] Grime MCs over from London
- Bedlam & Abstract present: Jonas Rathsman @ Opium Rooms (€10, 11pm)
[Dance] Collum O’Connell, Bedlam DJs, Abstract DJs
- Melodic is 4: Guy J, Neil Flynn & Berlin Calling Screening @ The Sugar Club (€15, 11pm)
[House/techno]Plus Shane Mannion, Mulljoy and Melodic residents.
Saturday January 30
- Sleaford Mods: Invisible Britain screening @ IFI (€10, 8:30pm)
[Film/ Q&A] The film follows the Sleaford Mods on a tour of the U.K. in the run up to the 2015 General Election
- Fox Owl Crow, Miriam Donohue @ Abner Brown’s Barber Shop
[New Irish music] Part of the Women in Music series.
- The Strypes, Bitch Falcon, Travis Oaks @ Olympia Theatre (€30)
[Rock] Young Cavan boyos.
- Duke Special @ St. Michan’s Church (€20)
[Tradfest] NI singer-songwriter.
- LAU, Slow Moving Clouds @ The Pavilion, Dun Laoghaire (€20)
[Contemporary/trad] fiddle, guitar & sqeeze-box.
- Partners In Time @ The Sugar Club (€10)
[DJs] Handsome Paddy & DJ Scope Back 2 Back Special
- Lanterns on the Lake @ The Workman’s Club (€12)
[Alternative] Faultlines. Indie /alt on Bella Union label.
- Izzy Bizu @ The Sugar Club (€17.35)
[Pop] UK BBC Sound of 2016 nominee.
- Joy Orbison & Will Bankhead @ Bar Tengu (€10, 9pm)
[Club] Hinge Finger x All City show plus All City DJs and Wino Boys.
- Sense: Friend Within @ Button Factory (€15, 11pm)
[Dance] Disclosure collaborator. The Renegade
- Psychemagik @ Opium Rooms (€10, 11pm)
[Dance] UK edit kings.
- Discotekken: Daniel Wang @ Wigwam (€12, 11pm)
[Dance] “one of the world’s greatest disco & house DJs” say DT.
- Hidden Agenda Presents: The Magician & Jax Jones @ District 8 (€18, 11pm)
[Dance] Potion Label party.
Sunday January 31
- Caoimhín Ó Raghallaigh @ St. Werbergh’s Church (€10, 1pm)
[Fiddle] Early show as part of Tradfest.
- The Young Folk @ St. Werbergh’s Church (€12)
[Tradfest]Irish folk-influenced music
- Illa J: A Tribute to his Brother @ Button Factory (€10)
[Rap] Support from Papa Lou (The RnB Club) & This Greedy Pig.
- The Wainwright Sisters @ The Pavilion, Dun Laoghaire (€26)
[Folk/pop]Martha Wainwright & Lucy Wainwright Roche
Monday February 1