Tuesday January 3rd
- Christy Moore @ Vicar Street (€39+)
Kildare folk legend. Also Jan 11/12.
Wednesday January 4
- Culture Vultures: I Have A Tribe, Liam Cunningham and more @ The Sound House (€12)
Arts and chat salon. Also with Calvin James (Syrias Vibes) and poet Kerrie O’ Brien
- A Kaleidoscopic New Year @ Bello Bar (€12)
Baroque, Nordic-Irish fusion, Cuban fire and songs Eric Whitacre, John Joubert and Leonard Bernstein compliments of soprano Sylvia O Brien.
Thursday January 5
- An Evening with Enda Walsh @ The Sugar Club (€14)
Bowie collaborator in conversation. A screening of The Man Who Fell To Earth
- A Tribute to Phil Lynott @ The Grand Social (€12)
Thin Lizzy man tribute night.
- Happy New Yeezy @ The Wiley Fox (€12/€15, 8am- 1am)
A Kanye themed hip-hop night. No alcohol served. For 5th and 6th year school students.
Friday January 6
- First Fortnight Therapy Sessions @ The Workman’s Club (€10)
Curated by Le Galaxie and featuring R.S.A.G.
- 60’s & 70’s Bowie @ The Grand Social (€12)
The London Boys, a 5 piece combo play Bowie.
- Retro Revival Club: New Year Hangover Extravaganza @ Whelan’s (€6/€8)
Half Forward Line (ex So Cow) Solo, Oh Boland, Shrug Life, The Pacifics & FONDA
- Dan Stritch & Friends @ Button Factory (Free, 11pm)
DJs Mark Doyle (Shed Sessions), Gary Fitz, John Ennis
Saturday January 7
- Cistin – Songs & Stories @ St. Patrick’s Hospital, Dublin 8 (€5)
First Fortnight. Featuring Gavin Glass, Mongoose, Ana Goog
- I Heart Bowie @ Opium Rooms (€17.50)
Supergroup possibly including Glen Hansard, Bell X1, Jack L, The Young Folk and more sing Bowie songs. All proceeds to Home Sweet Home.
- The Bowie Ball @ The Sugar Club (€10)
featuring The Salty Dog Allstars
- Ashes II Ashes: Swords, Fifi La Roux and More @ The Grand Social (€12)
In aid of Cabaret vs. Cancer. + Brian Brody, Johnny Murphy, Patrick Fagan
- Pear presents Mad Rey @Wigwam (€11, 11pm)
Deep French house.
- Sense @ Button Factory (Free, 11pm)
Local and residents play house and techno
- Mind Against @ Opium Rooms (€10, 11pm)
Italian techno duo.
- David August @ District 8 (11pm, €20)
A Hidden Agenda presents gig.
Sunday January 8
- Co-Motion @ National Botanic Gardens (Noon/2pm, Free but registration required)
Share a headphones playlist with someone you don’t know.
- Bowie Brunch @ The Woollen Mills (Booking essential)
with Ed Smith (Today FM)
- Bowie Sing Along Social @ The Grand Social (€8/€10)
Sing Along. Dublin Bowie Festival special on what would have been his 70th birthday.
- Vinyl & Wine: Low @ The Liquor Rooms [SOLD OUT] Album playback and discussion.
- Rebel Rebel – The David Bowie Experience @ Vicar Street (€28)
Cover band perform Very Best of Bowie
Monday January 9
- Gerry Leonard @ Whelan’s (€15)
Bowie guitarist/musical director Gerry Leonard
- David Bowie: Critical Perspectives @ The Winding Stair Book Shop (Free)
Launch of new book.