Win Free entry to:
- Saturday Feb 4: Fangclub @ Whelan’s (€13)
- Saturday Feb 4: Sense with Alexis Taylor (Hot Chip) Prince Tribute @ Button Factory (€18.50, 11pm)
To enter: Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig or Friday 1pm latest for weekend gigs.
Tuesday January 31
- Craictivism: Spudgun & Vernon Jane @ The Workman’s Club (€5+)
“Intergalactic Groove for the Dudes” Proceeds to Movember.
- Ruby Sessions @ Doyle’s (€5, 9pm)
Acoustic club night.
Wednesday February 1
- Fun Lovin’ Criminals @ Vicar Street (€35)
Huey Morgan and his band have made 6 albums but people only really want to hear 1.
- Kiruu @ Bello Bar (€10)
Single Launch – Siochain / Peace.
- Kaleidoscope’s 100th @ The Sugar Club (€15)
Contemporary and new classical composition
Thursday February 2
- Homebeat presents Sarah Neufeld, Anne Mieke @ Bello Bar (sold out)
Violinist with Arcade Fire plays solo.
- Exmagician @ Whelan’s (€15)
Belfast-based jangle guitar band. Job Done.
- TLMT 3: Slow Riot, Beach & Montauk Hotel @ The Sound House (Free)
The Last Mixed Tape’s free show for its 3rd birthday.
- Good Name: KIN, Liam McCabe @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
Not sure what this is tbqh. Nice promo vid.
- Loyle Carner @ The Workman’s Club (Sold out)
Check out his recent album.
- Room For Rebellion Dublin: Cáit, Dreamcycles, CAILÍN & H. O’Dea @ Wigwam (€7, 9pm)
Simultaneous Repeal The 8th fundraising dance gigs for London & Dublin
Friday February 3
- Popicalia #23 @ Bello Bar (€8)
Half Forward Line, Walpurgis Family, Field Trip, Run Ons
- Exploding Eyes, Galants, Wild Rocket @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€10)
Launch show for EE’s debut album.
- Stop Making Sense: Talking Heads @ The Sugar Club (€10, 11pm)
- Sally Cinnamon @ Tengu (11pm, €10)
Mack Fleetwood afterparty.
- All We See Is: SVN @ Wigwam (€10, 11pm)
- Robert Hood [Floorplan] & DJ Deep @ District 8 (€20, 11pm)
Detroit house legend.
- Empty Spaces W/ Doc Daneeka @ Wah Wah Club (€8, 11pm)
French based, UK House and Techno producer/DJ
- Abstract x Strictly Deep present Infinity Ink @ Opium Rooms (€13.50, 11pm)
Ali Love and Luca C’s collaborative project.
Saturday February 4
- Fangclub @ Whelan’s (€13, WIN PASSES)
Rising Irish rock’n’roll / grunge band.
- No Hot Ashes, Katie Laffan @ The Workman’s Club (€10)
Stockport (Manchester) branded post-pop- discofunk
- Rubberbandits @ The Academy (€23)
Surreal Limerick rap comedy duo.
- 65daysofstatic @ Button Factory (€17)
Instrumental electronic rock.
- Clash Jam Wallop, Absolutely Yo!, Pelvis @ The Grand Social (€8)
Retro Revival Indie Club show.
- Columbia Mills @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€10)
- Telephones @ Tengu (€10, 10:30pm)
The Locals and Disckotekken’s night.
- Sense with Alexis Taylor (Hot Chip) Prince Tribute @ Button Factory (€18.50, 11pm, WIN PASSES)
With DJ sets from Nialler9 and Mix And Fairbanks.
- My House DJs @ Hang Dai Chinese (Free, 11pm)
Andrew K, Mr Whippy, Timmy Tra Emmie Lou , Toby Hatchett
- Division presents Michael Mayer @ The Pymalion (€10+, 11pm)
Mayer has a new album out worth a look.
- Distortion, Long Island Sound @ Wigwam (€5, 11pm)
The House/ Funk/ Indie club
Sunday February 5
- Interference feat. Glen Hansard @ Vicar Street (€35)
Celebrating the Life and Music of Fergus O’Farrell
- Conor Oberst @ NCH (€28.50)
Solo album due in March.
- Wire and Wool, Old Hannah @ Whelan’s (€13.50)
2 bands who met while touring in the French Alps in the summer of 2016.
- Vinyl & Wine presents: Graceland [SOLD OUT] @ Liquor Rooms (sold out)
Listening party, panel discussion, Q&A.
- Frightened Rabbit @ The Academy (€26.50)
Scottish indie/rock with touch a folk.
Monday February 6
- Kaleo @ The Academy (sold out)
Iceland folk, blues, country, and rock