Tuesday September 18th
- Meltybrains? @ The Abbey Theatre (8pm, €18+)
No need for the question mark. Dublin-based highly experimental group take to the national theatre as part of Fringe Fest.
- Wooden Shjips @ Whelan’s (8pm, €16+)
U:mack presents Peaceful psych-rock from outfit touring new LP V
- Trial of the Centurys @ Project Arts Centre (€15, Tues/Wed tickets left)
Giles Brody and Bobby Aherne (No Monster Club) Fringe show starring Kevin McGahern, Tony Cantwell.
- Ruby Sessions: Lemoncello, Niall Thomas, Lorkin O’Reilly, Underachiever @ Doyle’s (9 pm, €7)
Weekly acoustic club in aid of Simon Community.
Wednesday September 19th
- Ejeca boat party @ TBA (5pm, €35+)
Nautical house vibes from Belfast DJ.
- The Santa Rita Concerts: Nadah El Shazly @ The Little Museum of Dublin (7pm, €15+)
Egyptian singer and composer. Check out ‘Afqid Adh-Dhakira‘.
- Mulatu Astatke @ The Sugar Club (8pm, Sold out)
The father of Ethiopian Jazz, enough said.
Thursday September 20th
- Nick Mulvey @ Whelan’s (8pm, €22+)
London-based singer-songwriter brings his exotic style of modern folk-pop to Whelan’s. Also Friday.
Friday September 21st
- Culture Night Music picks around the City.
See our separate guide.
- Jimmy Lacoste @ The Academy Green Room (7pm, €13+)
Up and coming British MC with heavy Frank Skinner influence.
- Ross From Friends @ Button Factory (7.30pm, €22+)
Brainfeeder signee performs material from his Family Portrait LP.
- Chief Keegan @ Sin É (7.30pm, free)
Instrumental funk band from Dublin play a free gig on the quays.
- Syrias Vibes: Mango X Mathman, Why-Axis, Fynch, Alfie South & Donkobz, Calvin James, Phil Long, David Hargadon @ The Grand Social (8pm, €10+)
Irish hip-hop bonanza with media partnership from Nialler9 x District Magazine and The Scoop Foundation for a good cause.
- Nick Mulvey @ Whelan’s (8pm, €22+)
London-based singer-songwriter brings his exotic style of modern folk-pop to Whelan’s. Also Thursday
- Woweembeem: Arabic & African Culture Night @ The Sugar Club (€15)
w/ Habibi Funk, Farah Elle, Yankari
- Katie Laffan @ The Underground (8pm, Free)
Irish singer-songwriter with strong pop vibes
- Peaches Christ Superstar @ The Abbey Theatre (9pm, €26+)
One women rendition of Andrew Llyod Webber’s iconic musical as part of Fringe Fest.
- EVE Showcase @ Tengu (10pm, Free before midnight, €5 after)
The EVE collective return to their monthly night in Tengu.
- Subconscious #006 w/ Ozwal, Bobofunk, Rub A Dub @ Wigwam (10pm, €8+)
Renowned Dublin collective brings together some of Ireland’s finest selectors.
- Chris Liebing @ District 8 (11pm, €16+)
A stalwart of the international techno scene is more than likely going to rip the roof off District 8.
- Route 94, Cerillo, Andrew Azara @ Opium Rooms (11pm, €13+)
Ibiza styled house music for those unwilling to let summer go without a fight.
Saturday September 22nd
- The Go-Betweens: Right Here screening @ The IFI(6.20pm, €11+)
Documentary on Australian cult-rock band.
- Gash Collective @ Rua Red Gallery (6.30pm, €10)
Fantastic all-female DJ collective performs in a unique setting as part of Glitch festival afterparty.
- Mitski @ Tivoli Theatre (7.30pm, €20+)
Much adored NY performer performs material from her Be The Cowboy LP.
- Strictly Handbag @ The Sugar Club (8pm, Sold out)
One of Dublin’s longest running and most lighthearted club nights returns.
- My Tribe Your Tribe, Caz9, Handsome Eric @ The Bello Bar (8.30pm, €8+)
Laoise based electronic artist launches his ‘Adrenalover’ single.
- Telephones: Rahaan, Pablo, Papa Lou @ Tengu (9pm, €7+)
Chicago house DJ on duty courtesy of Dublin collective.
- Dublin’s Fundraiser For Palestine @ The Cobblestone (9pm, €5)
Raising awareness and funds for a great cause with plenty of local talent performing.
- Dysfunktional @ Wigwam upstairs (10pm, free)
Eight piece original funk outfit. Check out ‘Driftin‘.
- Bradley Zero, Brien @ Wigwam (11pm, €11+)
British DJ and founder of Rythm Section.
- HITO @ 39/40 (11pm, €11+)
All vinyl techno set.
Sunday September 23rd
- Tiny Dancer: Donal Dineen DJ set for kids @ The Complex (11am, €7+)
Exactly what it sounds like. Part of Fringe fest.
- Ergodos Secret Music Trail @ TBA (11.30am, €15+)
Dublin Jazz label takes viewers on an audio and visual tour of Dublin city. Meeting in NCH foyer.
- Slow Moving Clouds @ Whelan’s (€15)
Launch of new album Starfall. Roots in the Irish and Nordic folk with post-punk drones, baroque strings, and soaring falsetto vocals.,
- Shivers Sunday Bliss Out w/Melly, Breen + Eoin @ Lucky’s (5pm, Free)
Dance party tunes all night.Slow Moving Clouds @ Whelan’s (8pm, €15+)
Post-rock group with trad overtones.
- Sunday Club @ Izakaya (10.30pm, Free)
Disco, disco, disco.