- Thursday:Beck’s Rhythm Series: DAM-Funk Live and The Gaslamp Killer @ The Sugar Club (€20)
- Saturday: Saun & Starr / J Rocc Afterparty @ The Sugar Club (€17.50)
How to enter ticket comps – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number (for late contact) in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig or Friday 1pm latest for weekend gigs.
Tuesday October 20
Wednesday October 21
- Songhoy Blues @ Whelan’s (€22)
[Blues/Rock] Malian band playing African rock’n’roll. Verdy good.
- The Back To The Future Mixtape @ Button Factory (€15)
[Party] with The Turning Pirate House Band, ‘The Flux Capacitors’ feat. members of The Frames, Villagers, Spring Break & Planet Parade.
- The Tallest Man On Earth @ Vicar Street (€23)
[Singer-songwriter] Swedish folk artist. – ‘Sagres’.
- Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, Anderson @ The Workman’s Club (SOLD OUT)
[R&B] Old fashioned Stax R&B folk.
Thursday October 22
- Beck’s Rhythm Series: DAM-Funk Live and The Gaslamp Killer @ The Sugar Club (€20, WIN TICKETS)
[Funk/electronic] Solid LA double bill of live funk and jazzy DJ.
- MOOT: Radio on with Replete and Foreign Affair @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[DJs] “Afrobeat, hip-hop, house, dub and plenty of tuff beats”
- Ryan Sheridan, Orla Gartland, Rosie Carney @ Whelan’s (Apply)
[Irish] Joe.ie / Her.ie’s Sunday Session on a Thursday.
- Slow Moving Clouds @ The Grand Social (€10)
[Irish/Nordic contemporary] Hiljainen Suru
Friday October 23
- Interlude: Lasertom, Wounded Healer & more @ RHA Gallery (€10, €25 for weekend)
[Mini-festival] Keep Schtum, Billy Scurry, Decent Perks and The Painted Lady DJing.
- Oxjam Takeover @ The Sugar Club (€10)
[New Irish] Corner Boy, Simi Crowns, Heroes in Hiding, The Witch Trials, District Daze // All Proceeds go to Oxfam Ireland. Afterwards: Peace Frog: Rock Indie Retro DJ sets from Claire Beck & Steve Reddy.
- Cry Monster Cry @ Button Factory (€15)
[Indie] Recently released album Rhythm of Dawn
- Psychotic Reactions: The Witch Trials, Bagels, Me and My Dog, Madra @ The Mezz (9pm, Free)
[Rock] Free gig of Irish alternative/rock/
- A Lazarus Soul & September Girls @ The Mercantile (€9)
[Alt/Rock] Double bill.
- Marlon Williams, Laura Ann Brady @ Academy 2 (€13)
[Soul/pop] New Zealand crooner
- Elastic Sleep, Segrasso @ the Workman’s Club (Free)
- Half Moon Run @ Whelan’s (SOLD OUT)
[Indie] Montreal band / Plus Emelie and Ogden.
- Daylight Disco: Hunee @ Pacino’s (11:30pm, €8-€12 )
[Dance] 3 hour set spanning house, techno and disco.
- A Reception for Time Travellers @ The Odessa Club (€14.50)
[Party] Music from Patrick Kelleher and GodHatesDisco.
- Monster Monster @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€6)
[Pop] Debut EP Launch – Assassin.
- A Song for Archie – The Jimmy Cake, Crayonsmith, Crowhammer @ Bello Bar (€10)
[Rock] Listen to the Cake’s new album Master.
- Cujo Family @ District 8 (€11)
[Folk] ‘Pigs In The Pen’ Album Launch /country, blues, soul, folk and trad
- Techno & Candles: Sunil Sharpe @ Hangar (€6-€12, 10pm)
[Techno] Hangar’s First birthday weekender.
Saturday October 24
- Interlude: RSAG, Justin Robertson, Ashley Beedle, Disconauts… @ RHA Gallery (€15, €25 for weekend)
[Mini-festival] Slowplacelikehome, The Disconauts, Sam Kinsella and more..
- Father John Misty @ Vicar Street (€25)
[Alternative] I Love You.. Honeybear is one of the albums of the year.
- David Kitt @ Whelan’s (€16.50)
[Singer-songwriter] Solo acoustic tour date.
- Saun & Starr @ The Sugar Club (€17.50, WIN TICKETS)
[Soul] The Daptone Family. Singers. Followed by J Rocc Afterparty.
- J Rocc @ The Sugar Club (€12.50, 11pm)
[DJ] Stones Throw DJ and Beat Junkie.
- Sense with My Nu Leng, Woz & Mumdance @ Button Factory (€10, 11pm)
[Electronic] Bass and grime.
Sunday October 25
- Telephones: Ringside Disco @ The National Boxing Stadium (2pm – late)
[Think 1980s school hall] Papa Lou (Discotekken) JOMA (Telephones) Sol O’Carroll (Rosscompton) Mark Allton (Discotekken) Al Murphy (Loose Ends) Liam Maher (Telephones) DIP DJs
- Interlude: The Reflex, little xs for eyes, Carriages, Tom Middleton @ RHA Gallery (€10, €25 for weekend)
[Mini-festival] Get Down Edits, Arveene, Paddy Hanna and more.
- New Blood: Sega Bodega, Embrz, Evvol, Somerville, This Greedy Pig and more @ Project Arts Centre (€20)
[Bram Stoker Festival] a four roomed vampiric rave for one night only. By John (Electric Galway) and Mary (Drop Everything)
- Beach House @ Vicar Street (€28)
[Indie] Dropped a surprise album Thank Your Lucky Stars on Friday.
- U.S. Girls @ Whelan’s (€13)
[Folk] Meghan Remy releases pop art indie on 4AD. Window Shade.
- The Hot 8 Brass Band @ The Sugar Club (€17.50)
[New Orleans brass] The Vicennial Tour
- Bell X1 @ National Concert Hall (€20-€30)
[Acoustic Tour] Showcasing new songs.
- Acid Mothers Temple @ Whelan’s (€16)
[U:mack gig] Bonkers Japanese psychedelic band.
- Abstract 4th Birthday: Apollonia 3 hour set @ Opium Rooms (€12, 10:30pm)
[U:mack gig] A collaboration between Shonky, Dan Ghenacia and Dyed Soundorom.
- Ostgut Ton-Zehn @ District 8 (€15, 11pm)
[Dance] Berlin record label. 2 rooms.
- Sense: Jungle DJ Set @ Button Factory (€15, 11pm)
[DJ] Expect to hear this? Kelly Anne Byrne TXFM on support.
- Pyg Sundays presents Tim Sweeney, Decent Perks @ Pygmalion (€5/€10, 9:30pm)
[DJ] The Beats In Space radio host. Always worth a go.
Monday Oct 26
- Liturgy, No Spill Blood, Simon Bird @ Whelan’s (€15)
[Heavy rock] “Transcendental Black Metal”
- Lower Dens @ Button Factory (€16)
[Alt/rock] To Die In LA