- Thursday: Junior Spesh: Binkbeats @ Twisted Pepper (€15)
- Friday: Abstract: Max Cooper @ Opium Rooms (€8, 10pm)
- Friday: MUD: Bodytonic & Bedlam present Isaac Tichauer & Lane 8 @ Twisted Pepper (€12, 10:30pm)
- Saturday: The Building Society: The Field [Live], Sunken Foal @ Hangar (€10/€15, 10:30pm)
How to enter ticket comp – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig or Friday 1pm latest for weekend gigs.
- Tradfest: music trail @ Temple Bar District venues (Free)
[Trail] Five days and nights of free music. Wednesday – Sunday
- Tradfest: The Hub @ The Vat House (Free)
[Benefit] Tonnta, Ye Vagabonds, Old Hannah and more. Thursday – Saturday
Tuesday January 27
- Ruby Sessions @ Doyle’s (9pm, €6)
[Acoustic/folk club] Corner Boy / Basciville / Callum Orr / Dan Comerford
Wednesday January 28
- Tweedy @ Vicar Street (€40)
[Alt/rock] Wilco singer and songwriter plays with his son on drums
- Tradfest: Marc O’Reilly, The Hard Ground @ St. Werburgh’s Church (€18)
[Folk/] Nice double header in a rare gigging church
- Tradfest: Trad against Racism @ St. Michan’s Church (€30)
[Benefit] Mundy, Lisa O’Neill, Loah, Twin Headed Wolf, Leonard Barry, Hare Squead & The Young Folk
- Infinity Ink @ Hangar (€9, 11pm)
[Dance] Ali Love and Luca C of Crosstown Rebels label.
Thursday January 29
- Made It Series: How to make it in the Irish Music Business @ Twisted Pepper (€12, 6:45pm)
[Talk] With Angela Dorgan (FMC), Rob Farhat (Ensemble), Una Mullally (Irish TImes), KAy May (Fight like Apes), Eoin Cregan (Bodytonic), Elvera Butler (Reekus).
- The Erics @ Button Factory (€10/€15)
[Awards] The Riptide Movement, Le Galaxie, Daithí & State lights .
- #Goldenbeck: Slow Skies, Staring at Lakes & Aoife Underwater @ The Workman’s Club (€5)
[New music] GoldenPlec Magazine Launch.
- Me & My Dog (Popical Island), Ben Bix DJ Set @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[Rock/DJs] A new free night called Good Name.
- Get Folked: Let’s Set Sail, Laura Anne Brady, Jonny Dillon, Harbourmaster @ The Grand Social (Free)
[Folk] New monthly night of funk.
- Junior Spesh: Binkbeats @ Twisted Pepper (€15, WIN TICKETS)
[Dance] A musician reinterpretating Madlib, Flying Lotus, Aphex Twin and J. Dilla with instruments ranging from vibraphone, guzheng (Chinese harp), turntables, exotic percussion, voice, and typewriter. Dilla mix.
Friday January 30
- This Greedy Pig @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[DJs] Monthly night from shop and blog
- Subplots, Voids @ The Workman’s Club (€10)
[Indie/electronic] Listen to new album Autumning.
- Tradfest: Liam O’Flynn, Paddy Glackin, Neil Martin & Mícheál Ó Súilleabháin @ St. Patrick’s Cathedral (€40)
[Trad] Planxty and The Bothy Band member sand more
- Neville Staples @ Whelan’s (€20)
[Ska/reggae] The Specials’ member and original rudeboy.
- The Black Captains @ Bello Bar (€10)
[Pop/rock] Launch of Debut Ep from Dublin band.
- Tradfest: The Undertones @ Button Factory (€28)
[Rock] Derry punk rock and legends
- Culture Shock presents Molly @ Pygmalion (€10, 10pm)
[Dance] Paris Rex Club DJ.
- Subject x Surge – Ostgut Ton Nacht: Function, Norman Nodge & Fiedel @ District 8 (€15/€18, 11pm)
[Techno] Berghain residents Function, Norman Nodge & Fiedel.
- MUD: Bodytonic & Bedlam present Isaac Tichauer & Lane 8 @ Twisted Pepper (€12, 10:30pm, WIN TICKETS)
[Dance] House DJs from Australia and US.
- Abstract: Max Cooper @ Opium Rooms (€8, 10pm)
[Electronic] Belfast electronic producer
- Otherkin @ The Workman’s Club (1am, €6/€5)
[Late show] Dublin indie-rock
- Melodic & Curve presents Andrea Oliva @ Button Factory (€8, 11pm)
[Dance] Swiss Ibiza resident / Soundcloud.
Saturday January 31
- Breakfast Club @ The Dark Horse Inn (7am-12:30pm, €10)
[Early rave] Aaron Nolan (Culture Shock), Con Allen & Cian Coburn (Breakfast Club)
- Tradfest: Music Conference @ Dublin Castle (Free but booking required)
[Panels and showcases] aimed at individuals working within the genres of Irish trad and folk music; artists, promoters, agents and bookers.
- Popical Island 5th birthday @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€5, 3:30pm till late)
[Indie rock] The Run Ons, Paddy Hanna, Ginnels, Groom, Me & My Dog, Oh Boland, Land Lovers, Skelocrats, Switzerland, Squarehead & Walpurgis Family
- New Wave: Radio Room, The Klares, Able Archer, Spines @ Bello Bar (€5)
[New music] New Irish bands.
- Tradfest: Levellers @ St. Patrick’s Cathedral (€36)
[Trad] Brighton folk-rock band
- Darling @ The Sugar Club (€12, 11pm)
[Indie] Upcoming indie-rock
- The RnB Club @ The Sugar Club (11pm, Sold out)
[DJ] Specialising in ’90s RnB, Hip Hop, Neo-Soul & G-Funk.
- Girl Band, Princess, Peaks @ Twisted Pepper (€15, 10:30pm, SOLD OUT)
[Rock] One of the best new Irish bands of the last while play a headline show.
- POGO: Barry Redsetta & Frank B @ Twisted Pepper (Free to members, 11pm)
[Electronic] Locla residents all night
- The Building Society: The Field [Live], Sunken Foal @ Hangar (€10/€15, 10:30pm, WIN TICKETS)
[Electronic] Ambient Techno. Live.
- Hidden Agenda: Kenny Dope @ Opium Rooms (€15, 11pm)
[DJs] Masters At Work dude on the decks.
- Mr. Whippy & Matjazz @ Pacino’s (Midnight, €7/€10)
[DJs] B2b tropical funk-disco-afro latin-jazz-rare-grooves hip hop breaks
Sunday February 1
- Perspectives 2015: Lambchop, Adrian Crowley @ National Concert Hall (€30)
[Rock]Performing their acclaimed album Nixon in full
- Andy White @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€15)
[Folk/pop] Belfast-born Melbourne-based singer-songwriter
- Luka Bloom @ Cornucopia (€25)
[Folk] In aid of Focus Ireland. With a glass of wine.
Monday February 2
- The Afghan Whigs @ The Academy (€23)
[Rock] Ohio rock band on Sub Pop