Email to be in the draw for free entry:
- Friday Oct 14: Optimo, Mister Saturday Night, K15 Adultrock (DJ set) Ben Bix & Feather @ The Bernard Shaw (Free gig / win a round of cocktails)
- Friday Oct 14: Booka Brass Band, Planet Parade@ Vicar Street (€22)
- Friday Oct 14: Abstract is 5 with Julio Bashmore, Jacques Renault @ Opium Rooms (€15, 11pm)
- Friday Oct 14: Pyg presents Red Axes @ The Pygmalion (€5/€10, 9:30pm)
- Saturday Oct 15: Division presents Cassy (Perlon) @ Pygmalion (10pm, €10)
How to enter free entry comps – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number (for late contact) in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig or Friday 1pm latest for weekend gigs.
Tuesday October 11
- Yob, Black Cobra @ Whelan’s (€16)
[Rock] Stoner rock legends
- Beautiful Acoustics: Carron, Tadhg, Michael Hopkins and more @ The Workman’s Club (€10)
[Fundraiser] A Night Of Music In Aid Of The IMNDA
- King Kong Club @ Whelan’s (Free)
[battle of the bands] Monkey Bath, Montauk Hotel, The Ya Ya, Vuze Catriona F, Vulpes
- Ruby Sessions @ Doyle’s (€6, 9pm)
[Acoustic showcase] Read my interview with Conor Ruby Sessions.
Wednesday October 12
- Inbhir Wednesdays @ The Sound House (€3)
Thursday October 13
- Gigonometry @ The Workman’s Club (€6)
[New music] Buffalo Sunn, Flecks, Dreaming of Jupiter & Maria Kelly
- In Their Thousands @ Whelan’s (€8+)
[indie] alternative rock band from Donegal
- Fantasy 12 @ Copper House Gallery (Free, 6pm – runs til Sunday)
[Music artwork Exhibition] DJ sets from Vice’s Nick Gazin, Luaka Bop’s Paul Diddy, and Donal Dineen,
- The False and the Fair, Tembo @ Sin É (Free)
[Alt rock] Bald Apes.
- Death Grips @ The Academy (Sold out)
[Electro/rock] Mad lad sonics. Mosh pit goodness.
Friday October 14
- Seán Mac Erlaine with Valgeir Sigurðsson @ Fumbally Stables (€16)
[Contemporary] Note Productions DUO Series 2016 #4: ireland/ Iceland
- No Spill Blood, Robocobra Quartet, Thumper @ Bello Bar (€11+)
[Rock] Alternative new music.
- Optimo, Mister Saturday Night, K15 Adultrock (DJ set) Ben Bix & Feather @ The Bernard Shaw (Free with registration, WIN FREE COCKTAILS)
[DJs/electronic] Whopper lineup for BS 10th birthday with RBMA.
- Booka Brass Band, Planet Parade@ Vicar Street (€22, WIN PASSES)
[Brass band] Hear their album Chilled Milk
- Raglans @ Button Factory (€tbc)
[Indie/pop] Dublin Indie-rock pop.
- Ensemble Economique, Phare @ The Workman’s Club (€8)
[experimental/ electronic] Album stream.
- Mike Servito, Barry Redsetta, Flipside @ Tengu (10:30pm)
[Electronic] Resident DJ at The Bunker New York + Ghostly DJ Alum
- Metropolis & Bulmers Live w/ Karma Kid, Lxury, Mmoths DJ Set @ Button Factory (Free)
[Electronic] First in a free series of gigs.
- Fantasy 12: Edan The Disk Jokk, Partners In Time @ The Sugar Club (€10 , 10:30pm)
[DJs] Rapper, producer and US DJ.
- Abstract is 5 with Julio Bashmore, Jacques Renault @ Opium Rooms (€15, 11pm, WIN PASSES)
[Electronic] Rhythm Of Auld. + Kaily, Boots & Kats
- Room 19: Phil Weeks & Washerman @ Wah Wah Club (€10, 11pm)
[Electronic] + Long Island Sound, Oisin Egan
- Pyg presents Red Axes @ The Pygmalion (€5/€10, 9:30pm, WIN PASSES)
[Electronic] Tel Aviv duo. Colin Perkins / Quinton Campbell
- Truncate, Defekt & Fran Hartnett @ District 8 (€15, 11pm)
[Techno] Blawan was supposed to be playing but it ill.
Saturday October 15
- Polica @ Button Factory (€20)
[Alt] Check out the new Boys Noize remix
- Katie Kim @ Unitarian Church (Sold Out)
[Alt/folk/electronic] Salt launch party
- Coup d’Etat: Fierce Mild, Old Moon, Patrick Kelleher & his Cold Dead Hands & more @ Tivoli Backstage (€10)
[Fundraiser] Feminist Film Festival Fundraiser Gig
- John Smith @ The Grand Social (€12)
[Singer/songwriter] has played with David Gray, Lisa Hannigan and Lianne La Havas.
- Michael Kiwanuka @ The Academy (Sold out)
[Soul/folk] recent Mercury nominated artist. Isaac Grace supports.
- Kirkos Ensemble @ Temple Bar Gallery & Studios (€10/€15)
[Fluxfest] with Jennifer Walshe, Nick Roth and more
- Richmond Fontaine @ Whelan’s (€20)
[Last Irish show] Willy Vlautin and band say goodbye.
- Telephones @ Tengu (€5, €10, 10:30pm)
[Club] Vrought to you by the lads behind Discotekken and The Locals
- Division presents Cassy (Perlon) @ Pygmalion (10pm, €10, WIN PASSES)
[Electronic] Will Kinsella, Lauren & Jess
- Michael Franti @ Opium Rooms (€29)
[Reggae pop] barefoot, 6-foot-6 San Francisco based singer-songwriter-guitarist
- Sense 3rd Birthday with George Fitzgerald @ Opium Rooms (€18.50+, 11pm)
[Dance] Jack Thompson,Dorian James
- Fantasy 12: Alex Nut X Colm K @ The Sugar Club (€10)
[DJs] Back 2 Back Session. Artwork Banter discussion before.
- Motor City Drum Ensemble @ District 8 (€15, 11pm)
Sunday October 16
- Holy Fuck @ Whelan’s (€19)
[Alt/rock] First show from Canadian noisemakers in quite a while.
- 12 Sundays Reunion: Motor City Drum Ensemble @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[DJs] 12 Sundays is back for a one off shindig to relive the early days of the Shaw
Monday October 17
- Watch High Maintenance.