- Friday: Musictown: The Bomb Squad @ The Sugar Club (€10)
- Friday: Extrawelt, Oneknown, Niall Cleary @ Twisted Pepper (€12/€17, 10:30pm)
How to enter ticket comp – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig or Friday 1pm latest for weekend gigs.
Tuesday April 7
- Ruby Sessions @ Doyle’s (9pm, €6)
- Paul Simon and Sting @ 3Arena (€70+)
[Rock] Old man double bill.
Wednesday April 8
- Catfish & The Bottlemen @ The Academy (SOLD OUT)
[Retro rock] recent Guardian review.
- Sinead O’Connor @ Vicar Street (€39.50)
[Pop/rock] Shinners plays a headline show off the back of her most well-received album in a while.
- Young Woods, Tara @ The Workman’s Club (€5/€8)
[electronic/pop] Til The Day I’m Free.
- Spies, O Sister @ Whelan’s (€13)
[indie/rock] Launch of new EP Sea Creature – ‘Quincy Morris’
- Clockwork #4 @ The Twisted Pepper (€5/€7, 10:30pm)
[DJs] hip-hop, house, future beats, grime.
Thursday April 9
- Gigonometry Presents: The North Sea, Segrasso, Beware of You @ The Workman’s Club (€5)
[New music] 1st Birthday Party.
- Aztek: SCNTST @ Hangar (€8/€12, 11pm)
[Dance] German producer with some deft tracks.
- Room 19: Traumer @ Twisted Pepper (€10, 10:30pm)
- Good Name: Miami Viced @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[DJs] 80’s with a night of Italo, electronic and Miami Vice inspired.
Friday April 10
- Musictown @ Dublin venues (From free; price per event)
[City Music Festival] First day of 10-days of music events including opera, trad, hip-hop & more.
- The Mighty Stef @ Whelan’s (€13.50)
[Rock] album preview: Year Of The Horse.
Not Squares @ The Grand Social (€10)
[Folk/] ‘Bolts’ Album launch. Oops Said Hi.
- Musictown: The Bomb Squad @ The Sugar Club (€10, WIN TICKETS)
[Alt/vocal] Public Enemy production team DJ set with Q&A with Hank Shocklee.
- Ambience Affair, Pearse McGloughlin @ Bello Bar (€10)
[indie] Launch of new single Prophet.
- Homebeat presents Lytett @ Fumbally Stables (€10)
[Dream/pop] launch their new EP. Forever Those Days.
- A Lazarus Soul, The Last Sound @ The Grand Social (€tbc)
[indie/rock] Split EP launch.
- Ewa Gigon, Lauren Guillery and Cold Cranking Amps @ tenterhooks (€7/€10)
[Experimental] Polish singer and multi-instrumentalist. Video.
- Wife, Slowplacelikehome @ The Workman’s Club (€8/€10)
[Electronic] Altar Of Plague’s James Kelly in his atmospheric electronic guise. Donegal indie/synth/band
- State Faces of April @ The Mercantile (Free, 9pm)
[new bands] Third Smoke, Sissy, Terriers, Beware of You.
- Colin Stetson & Sarah Neufeld @ Twisted Pepper (€17.50)
[Experimental] Arcade Fire violinist and touring saxophonist Stetson have an album together.
- Extrawelt, Oneknown, Niall Cleary @ Twisted Pepper (€12/€17, 10:30pm, WIN TICKETS)
[Dance] Hamburg electronic music.
- Abstract presents Michael Mayer @ Opium Rooms (€8/€10, 11pm)
[Dance] Kompakt co-owner and German DJ producer.
- Torque @ Pacino’s (€10, Midnight)
[DJs] Conor Feeney, Sol O’carroll & Rob Smyth
- Obelisk Recordings Ep001 Launch Party @ Secret Location (€12, 11pm)
[electronic] Peaks, Jamie Behan and more.
Saturday April 11
- Musictown @ Dublin venues (From Free; price per event)
[City Music Festival] Breaking Tunes Music Trail from noon, Sound of Silents live scores and more.
- BreakingTunes Music Trail @ Dublin city centre cafés, shops and venues (Free, Noon – 6pm)
[Trail] Featuring Jet Setter, Myles Manley, Eamon Bode, Conor Walsh, Spies, His New Atlas, Frankenstein Bolts, Eoin Dolan, Tell No Foxx, Carriages.
- Canalphonic @ The Sugar Club (€5)
[Launch] Corner Boy, Featuring X, Mother Mooch and Johnny Stewart. DJs after include TXFM’s Claire Beck.
- Jenn Grant @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€12)
[Indie/folk] Spades – collaboration with Buck 65.
- MKAI, Basciville @ The Grand Social (€5/€8)
[Folk/indie] Launch of Loop single.
- Garr Cleary, Liza Flume @ Unitarian Church (€10)
[Folk/acoustic] Launch of Love, Lost Hope EP.
- Shift/The Shifters @ Sweeney’s (Free, 9pm)
[Rock’n’roll] Tribute band doing 80s hair metal and 50s rock’n’roll sets.
- Sense: Deetron @ Button Factory (€10-15, 11:30pm)
[Dance] “Swiss techno DJ and producer who produces warm techno with the soul of Detroit.”
- Hidden Agenda & Bedlam: Bob Moses & Dreems @ Opium Rooms (€15, 11pm)
[Electronic] Night-shaded electronic duo live show.
- F.O.E: Paul Birken, Headless Horseman & Sunil Sharpe @ Hangar (€10-€15, 10pm)
[Dance] techno night.
- POGO: Wigwam presents Dance Mania w/ Parris Mitchell @ Twisted Pepper (€12, 10:30pm)
[Dance] Ghetto house heavy on 90s sounds and sleaze.
- T/A/S/T/E/ @ The Grand Social (11pm, Free)
[DJs] House, disco and cosmic.
Sunday April 12
- Musictown @ Dublin venues (From free – price per event)
[City Music Festival] Daytime events: choirs and concerts @ Hugh Lane; sessions @ Cobblestone.
- SODA @ The Bernard Shaw (Free, 6pm)
[Party] This week – Home DJs – Fueled by disco, funk and house.
- Barrytown meets Musictown @ Vicar Street (SOLD OUT)
[Roddy Doyle + guests] Featuring: Richard Hawley, Imelda May, Glen Hansard, Colm Meaney, Aidan Gillen, Colm Mac Con Iomaire, Damien Dempsey, Peter Coonan, Cait O’Riordan and more.
- Perspectives: The Bad Plus, OKO @ National Concert Hall (€30+)
[jazz] perform the Ornette Coleman Masterpiece Science Fiction with Ron Miles, Tim Berne and Same Newsome.Special guest OKO (Dublin electro improvisers)
- Pyg Sundays: Colin Perkins & Nialler9 @ The Pyg (€10, 9pm)
Monday April 13
- Musictown @ Dublin venues (price per event)
[City Music Festival] Messiah in the street, walking tour, Handel’s anniversary concert.