Yes, how things have changed that this is actually news right now.
With last week’s recently that Ireland to allow gatherings up to 50 people indoors & 200 people outdoors from June 29th; 100 people indoors & 500 people outdoors from July 20th, there has been some hope for events again.
To that end, there is a socially-distanced gig happening this Saturday at the Wild Duck in Dublin city.
Laura Ryder, Sinead McConville, Ailsha Davey and Nathan Mac will play a seated table service gig at the spot in Temple Bar this Saturday. Tickets are €10.
The organisers have shared the following rules for the gig.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, there are a few points that we have to make absolutely clear.
1) There will be a limited attendance of 50 people so please get your tickets ahead of time and not risk waiting at the door for someone not to show up. We will not let anymore than 50 people in.
2) Ex Oh Promotions and The Wild Duck HIGHLY encourage the wearing of face masks/coverings. Doing so will help prevent people who do not know they have the virus from spreading it to others. Please help protect other attendees, the performers and the staff at The Wild Duck.
3) Hand sanitiser will be available upon entry. Please be mindful of good hygiene and wash your hands thoroughly throughout the night.
4) Social Distancing must be adhered to at all times. In accordance to the HSE and Government regulations, please try to keep a 2 metre (6foot) distance from others when walking around the venue.
4) The show will be an all seated event, with table service the ONLY way to get food/drink. Obvious exceptions will include going to the bathroom or going outside for a cigarette etc. Please do not socialise away from your table and please do not try and queue for a drink at the bar.
Niall Byrne is the founder of the most-influential Irish music site Nialler9, where he has been writing about music since 2005 . He is the cohost of the Nialler9 Podcast and has written for the Irish Times, Irish Independent, Cara Magazine, Sunday Times, Totally Dublin, Red Bull and more. Niall is a DJ, founder of Lumo Club, event curator and producer of gigs, parties & events.