Cork is going to be busy on reopening weekend with news that the Guinness Cork Jazz Festival is to take place from October 22nd and 25th and will be a return to normality after a year away in its 43 year history.
This year’s programme will feature some highlights including:
- Yasiin Bey FKA Mos Def playing with a live band at the Cork Opera House on Monday October 25th.
- Hypnotic Brass Ensemble’s return
- Special live debut performance of ChoiceCut’s recording project Mas Exodus by ChoiceCut’s Mark Murphy and musical director Max Zaska, supported by the Department of Culture & Tourism, and featuring some of Ireland’s most talented musicians along with Hypnotic Brass.
- Matthew Halsall, a composer, trumpeter, producer, DJ, and founder of Gondwana Records, who will perform with a hand-picked ensemble featuring some of Manchester’s finest young musicians.
- Brass band performances from New York Brass, Hyde Park and Rebel Brass on the streets.
Away from the jazz element, other performers include Mick Flannery and Susan O’Neill, DJ Jenny Greene, King Kong Company, Hermitage Greem, and Kit Downes.
For tickets and full listing see guinnessjazzfestival.com