FRIDAY JULY 19TH
- Evolution All-Dayer @ Connolly’s of Leap (4pm, €10)
Drum and bass, all afternoon, and all night ’til close. Appearances from Metalheadz man Steo, Nick Fury, Jonezy, and Evolution residents like Kunai and Sulleabháin.
- Villagers @ Cyprus Avenue (8pm, SOLD OUT)
It’s not a Trick of the Light: tickets for Conor O’Brien and crew are officially in Awayland, though a look online for last-minute sales, or adding yourself to the waitlist at the event above might help.
- Marlene Enright @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (8.30pm, pass-the-hat)
Folk singer-songwriter and Choice nominee returns to the village venue in Ballydehob for a solo show.
- Ordnance Survey @ The Roundy/PLUGD (8.30pm, €10)
Neil O’Connor (Somadrone) unveils the live rendition of his newest project, after the release of second album ‘Relative Phase’. Support from Ava and Mark Waldron-Hyden.
- House Vibes with Eamon and Jinty @ Dali (10pm, €10)
A club night that does what it says on the tin!
- Eoin @ DeBarra’s of Clonakilty (10.30pm, free)
Free gig at the Clonakilty folk outpost from mononymic, Joe.ie-endorsed alt-folk singer-songwriter.
SATURDAY JULY 20TH
- Emma Cotter @ Cyprus Avenue (7.30pm, €8)
Cork singer-songwriter trades in the busking for a record-release upstairs on Caroline Street.
- Huun Huur Tu @ Live at St. Luke’s (7.30pm, €25)
Tuvan throat-singing four-piece come back to Cork after a double-shot at the Triskel last year, this time at the Northside temple of sound.
- CXNT @ The Roundy/PLUGD (8pm, €5)
A new night for dance music in Cork, serving up a feminine-led alternative to the prevalent house/techno buzz, led by hard-drum exponents Syn, Doubt and Capricorn.
- Wiggle @ Connolly’s of Leap (8pm, €10)
Kinsale electro-dub outfit marks twenty years in the game with a trip under the hammers.
- Ian Whitty @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (8.30pm, pass-the-hat)
Indie-folker, joined by his band the Exchange, head for Ballydehob for a pass-the-hat show.
- Audible Joes and more @ Fred Zeppelin’s (8.30pm, €5)
Cork punx reprise their semi-regular Fredz gig, with support from The Turn, Dirty Casuals, P.o.C. and For When It Awakens.
- One-Horse Pony @ Coughlan’s (10pm, free)
Americana/roots lads play an intimate gig at the backroom on Douglas Street.
- Setaoc Mass @ Dali (10pm, €10)
Whilst overseeing his own imprint SK_eleven, Setaoc Mass’ releases push a galvanising brand of techno. Performing alongside Cork techno veteran Jamie Behan.
SUNDAY JULY 21ST
- Han-earl Park and Chris Engel @ The Roundy/PLUGD (8pm, €5)
Improviser and multi-instrumentalist Park is joined by South African saxophonist Engel for a Cork Improvised Music Club performance.
- Dogtail Soup @ DeBarra’s (9pm, €15)
West Cork supergroup perform their second of three summer shows at DeBarra’s.
- Crow Black Chicken @ Crane Lane Theatre (midnight, free)
Clonmel/Cork three-piece bring power-trio blues and rock for their regular Crane Lane residency.