Scrobarnach might be out, but the county remains a hotbed of activity this weekend.
- Simon Community Fundraiser @ Fred Zeppelin’s (8pm, €3)
Young Cork artists line out in the red room upstairs on Parliament Street to raise spons for Simon Community. On the bill: Little Indigo, Drift, Andy Killian.
THURSDAY AUGUST 10TH:
- Hermitage Green @ Connolly’s of Leap (8pm, €25)
Acoustic date under the hammer’s for Limerick folk five-piece before the release of their next extended-player.
FRIDAY AUGUST 11TH:
- Lisa O’Neill @ Sirius Arts Centre (8pm, €15)
Cavan folk singer returns to Sirius Arts Centre to continue touring recent album, ‘Pothole in the Sky’, with support from Ain’t Saint John.
- Megacone & Zombie Picnic @ An Spailpín Fánach (9pm, €5)
A double-dose of young Irish instrumental/post-rock/prog from Rian Trench-produced Dublanders Megacone and Limrockers Zombie Picnic.
- Revelation Sound System @ Cyprus Avenue (10pm, €10)
The twentieth anniversary of Revelation Sound’s ever-changing rig is celebrated at Cyprus Ave with vocalists Cian Finn and Fyahred.
SATURDAY AUGUST 12TH:
- Stevie G & Andrea Williams Dancers @ Connolly’s of Leap (8pm, €10)
Following on from a mainstage appearance at Townlands Carnival, Stevie and dancers take over Connolly’s for a two-room spectacular.
- Diffract @ The Village Hall (8.30pm, €10)
Superficie, Gadget and the Cloud and Beard by Accident take the decks for the August edition of Cork’s community electronic night.
- Fish Go Deep x Bastardo Electrico @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €12)
Following the cancellation of Scrobarnach BYOB festival this week, the headliners and collectives spread across the country for a short-notice series of nights across the weekend, including a Cork crossover event at Cyprus Avenue.
SUNDAY AUGUST 13TH:
- Carnival for Choice @ The Village Hall (2pm, free)
The Abortion Rights Campaign presents games, live music, workshops, food & drink, and a big jumble sale at the quayside BYOB venue. More info announcing this week
- Songwriters in the Round @ An Spailpín Fánach (6pm, €5)
The final edition of the Spailpín’s acoustic singer-songwriter night sees Jimi Cullen, KB Violet and Dave Burke take to stage.