Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, Sing Along Social, Paul Noonan (Bell X1) & Maria Kelly and Le Boom supported by Uppbeat are among the artists that are set to play the Westport music festival next month.
62 events will take place over 6 days in Mayo’s award-winning town, from Wednesday the 23rd to Monday 28th of October.
As well as music there will be theatre productions, art installations, and workshops.
See the full music lineup:
- Hypnotic Brass Ensemble
- Paul Noonan (Bell x1) and Maria Kelly
- Le Boom supported by Uppbeat
- Sing Along Social
- Halloween Ball Featuring Zaska, TPM, and Glamo
- Bird on a Wire – The Songs of Leonard Cohen
- The Mary Wallopers
- Clew Bay Folk Club Westival Special
Other non-music events include:
- How to Square a Circle – aerial show from the star of RIOT
- Drag & Draw – Drag queens from Dublin will make their western debut at this half art class, half lip-synch show with oodles of audience interaction.
- Camille Souter Retrospective – the biggest collection of the artist’s work in her home county since 1999.
- Looking for Ghosts – Photography exhibition of the underground Irish rave scene by Oliver Smith, images taken of the people and the party environment after the party has ended.
- Dracula Live, a screening of the 1930s silent movie to live music and choir.
- Communities in Collaboration – Westival reaches across the waters to the talented people of Clare Island to collaborate with the islanders, as writer and musician Eamon Carr of Horslips and poet Kelly Michels investigate how Irish myth and legend can help us navigate through modern living
Westival 2018 played host to over 5000 people and this year the organisers plan on raising the bar.
“Last year’s festival enthralled over 5000 people over the 6 days of Westival. We set the bar high in terms of the caliber of acts and artists that we brought together, this year we have focused on building on last year’s success by putting together a broad line-up that we hope will captivate the interest of both local and visitor alike” said Westival director Conor Wilson.
Tickets can be bought for each music event here.