The 7-day gig guide to Dublin music and events this week.
Highlights: Delorean, Caitlin Rose, Retro Revival, Wankelmut, Discotekken 4th Birthday. If you’re looking for tickets to sold out gigs try #ticketfairy on Twitter.
Ticket freebies this week:
- Delorean @ The Button Factory (Saturday)
How to enter – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number in the body of the message. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig.
Skip to day: Tues | Wed | Thurs | Fri | Sat | Sun | Mon
Tuesday September 3rd
Wednesday September 4th
- Culprit @ Twisted Pepper (€7, 10:30pm) [Club] Ois Butler Doyle, Karl Murphy, Cian Byrne Little.
Thursday September 5th
- Swimmers, Ana Gog, Harbourmaster @ Anseo (€6)
[indie] 3 irish indie-bands. All proceeds Habitat For Humanity.
- New Dublin Press @ Granby Park (6:30pm-8:30pm, Free but ticketed)
[indie] Imogen Gunner Trio, Rory McArdle and more
- Zebra: Go Wolf, My Tribe Your Tribe @ Whelan’s Upstairs (Free before 10:30pm, €10 after)
[Live] Late-night sets from Irish bands.
Friday September 6th
- The Strypes @ HMV Grafton Street (12.15pm)
[Instore] The reopening of the HMV Grafton street shop.
- The Ol Passive Death Wish, Gavin Glass @ Granby Park (6:30-8:30pm, Free but ticketed)
[Folk] A pop-up folk band featuring Derrick Devine and Johnny Fitz.
- Clockwork Orchestra @ Centre For Creative Practices (€6/€8, 8:30pm)
[Synthpop] Project of singer-songwriter Paul Mangan.
- Jimmy Eat World @ Olympia Theatre (€28.50)
[Rock] American rockers with support from The Minutes.
- Wild Turkey Mash: Dirty Epics, Jemson Green, Yellowbridge @ The Workman’s Club (€5)
[Rock] Free tickets from http://www.wildturkeymash.com/ticket
- Daft Funk @ The Academy (€15, 11pm)
[Dance] Daft Punk tribute act.
- MUD: Heavy’s Second Birthday @ Twisted Pepper (€8, 10:30pm)
[Club] With Not Your Girlfriend A/V show.
Saturday September 7th
- Irish Record Fair @ Sweeney Mongrel (Noon -5:30pm)
[Dance] With 1000s of vinyl, CDs and DVDs for your delectation.
- Delorean @ The Button Factory (€15)
[Dance] – Spanish Balearic-style electronic band.
- Cry Monster Cry, In Their Thousands @ Whelan’s (€13)
[Indie] Double headline show from two Irish bands.
- Disco Na MBo, Doppler @ The Grand Social (Free)
[Electronic] funk grooves.
- Robyn’s Life Fundraiser: Live Music @ The Workman’s Club (€10)
[Rock/acoustic] featuring Verona Riots, The Blades Club and Inni-K.
- Rathlin Jigs & Rigs Fundraiser @ Seomra Spraoi (€10, 9pm, BYOB)
[DJs] Expect a night of 80s, electronica, house, techno, jungle, rave, bass music from seasoned Rathlin DJs.
- Retro Revival: Skelocrats, Ginnels, F*ck Mountain, P/I/G/S and Slow Riot @ Sweeney Mongrels (€5, 9pm)
[Rock] All Irish lineup of lo-fi indie fuzz, post-punk/dream pop lineup.
- POGO: Culture Shock: John Roberts [Dial, US] @ Twisted Pepper (€8, 10:30pm)
[Dance] Culture Shock DJs, Haus DJs 4ward Grad DJs, Home DJs, Doug Cooney, Barry Greaves.
- Wankelmut @ The Button Factory (€10, 11pm)
[Dance] 24 year old Berlin based DJ and creator of ‘One Day’.
Sunday September 8th
- Trailblazery: Rites Of Passage @ The Peppercanister Church (€16)
[Talks/performances] Speakers with performances from Caoimhin ó Raghallaigh, Noirin Ni Riain and Nina Hynes & the children’s choir from St. Brigid’s School, Killester.
- Discotekken 4th Birthday @ Granby Park (2pm, Free)
[Party] Family fun day with live musc from Stone&Jezreel, BBQ by Gruel Gorila, face painting, grafitti jam, MC workshop and DJs
- Caitlin Rose @ Whelan’s (€16.50)
[Country] Nashville country folk singer.
Monday September 9th
- Oldskool: The evolution of hip-hop @ Whelan’s (Free, Midnight)
[Tribute] Live seven-piece hip-hop group.