Tracks of the Week playlist
1. La Roux – ‘Let Me Down Gently’
After five years, Elly Jackson returns with some synth-pop atmospherics that references her old sound but moves it on. It looks like producer partner Ben Langsmaid is not involved in new album Trouble In Paradise, though that’s still unconfirmed.
2. Sleep Thieves – ‘You Want The Night’
Night-time dusky electro from the Thieves’ forthcoming second album.
3. UNKNWN – ‘BBY’
The growing confidence of Chris Hanna and Gemma Dunleavy, the Irish electronic pairing is evident on this new track.
4. Leikeli47 – ‘F*ck the Summer Up’
Brooklyn rapper expresses her interest in messing up the season. It’s our new mantra. Thanks Jess for the tip.
5. Princess Nokia’s ‘Cybiko’
A highlight from Wavvy Spice’s new album Metallic Butterfly as heard on Vice.
6. Elastic Sleep – ‘Leave You’
Shoegazing throwback gorgeousness from the Cork five-piece. They play Bello Bar tomorrow.
7. Le Galaxie – ‘Humanise’ (The Japanese Popstars Remix)
A Chemical Brothers-style 8-minute big remix of a song we haven’t heard yet, Le Galaxie’s new single.
8. Lana Del Rey – ‘West Coast’ (Four Tet Remix)
“Del Rey, who on the original sounds in control and sultry, sounds frustrated and full of longing thanks to Hebden’s emphasis on percussive tautness.”
9. BadbadNotGood – ‘Can’t Leave The Night’
A highlight from the Canadian modern hip-hop-influenced third album. They play Galway, Cork and Dublin next week.
10. Werkha – ‘Sidesteppin’ (feat. Bryony Jarman-Pinto)
A Manchester producer who recently supported Chet Faker and who has featured on Giles Peterson’s Brownswood Bubblers. This is from his latest EP Beacons. Thanks to Peter for the tip on this one.