Email to be in the draw for free entry:
- Friday: ONRA, MO-Kolours, Beats, Rhymes & Life screening @ The Sugar Club
How to enter free entry comps – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number (for late contact) in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig or Friday 1pm latest for weekend gigs.
Tuesday April 19
- Kimya Dawson, Little Wings @ The Workman’s Club (€20)
[Indie/alt] Moldy Peaches musician solo tour.
- U:mack present Flamin’ Groovies & Female Hercules @ Whelan’s (€18)
[Rock] Rock’n’roll vintage.
- Ruby Sessions: Pine The Pilcrow & more @ Doyle’s (€6, 9pm)
[Acoustic showcase] Read my interview with Conor Ruby Sessions.
Wednesday April 20
- RA the Rugged Man, Afro, Mr. Green @ The Sugar Club (€17.50)
[Rap] New York rap – featured on Soundbombing II
- Weathertop presents: Dublin 420 All Day Mini Festival @ The Grand Social (€4-7+)
[4/20 party] G.I, Bobby Basil, Ras Tinny, Manma Saor, eclectic lineup of DJs.
- Explosions in the Sky @ Vicar Street (€28)
[Post-rock] Instrumental rock lads.
- Recovery: Maud In Cahoots @ Project Arts Centre (€19, runs April 19th to 23th)
[Theatre/musical] a new theatre production which doubles as a live staging of a concept pop album.
Thursday April 21
- The Bellrays @ The Hub (€18)
[Garage rock] Bluesy punk rock.
- Bring Your Own Vinyl @ JW Sweetman’s (Free)
[B.Y.O.V.] Funk, Soul, Disco, indie & whatever you’re having yourself.
- Good Name: Kojaque LIVE @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[Hip-hop] Listen to his new Sunday Roast mixtape feat. Faye O’Rourke.
- The King Khan and BBQ Show @ The Workman’s Club (€18)
[Garage rock] Canadian Garage rock duo. Watch.
- The Dead Heavys, The Mantells @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€12.50)
[Pop/Rock] Waterford indie rock band with pop sensibility.
- Shakey Graves @ Whelan’s (€15, SOLD OUT)
[Acoustic] Dusty Americana solo musician
Friday April 22
- Weathertop presents The False and the Fair @ The Workman’s Club (€4/€6)
[Alt-Rock] New Dublin band. Watch our for their Bald Apes single on Nialler9 this week.
- Duo Series: Seán Mac Erlaine with Eivind Aarset @ Music Room at Christchurch Cathedral (€20)
[Musictown] Note Productions present Norwegian / Irish collaboration.
- Goulash Disko @ The Wiley Fox (€12+)
[European music] Balkan beats and Eastern music.
- ONRA, MO-Kolours, Beats, Rhymes & Life screening @ The Sugar Club (€12.50)
[Rap/beats] Hip-hop beats and funk live with ATCQ screening.
- Bell X1 @ Vicar Street (€30)
[Indie/rock] Preview of forthcoming LP. Also playing Saturday.
- Fox Jaw, Gascan Ruckus @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€10)
[Rock] Do You Want It All?
- Out to Lunch presents Hieroglyphic Being x John Heckle = Mathematics @ Bar Tengu (€10, 10pm)
[Electronic] 2 hour and 3 hours sets from each DJ.
- Klangkarussell @ Opium Rooms (€15, 11pm)
[Dance] Creators of mostly annoying basic brass house pop
- Karenn & Sunil Sharpe @ District 8 (€15+, 11pm)
[Techno] Blawan & Pariah. Super banging techno.
- Under The Influence: Lex Gorrie @ The Sweeney Mongrel (€5-€10, 10pm)
[Techno] Raw thumping techno.
- Burning Up @ The Grand Social (Free, 11pm)
[Club] Kelly-Anne Byrne’s disco night.
Saturday April 23
- Ideopreneurial Entrephonics II @ Freemason’s Hall (Free, 10am – all day)
[A Festival of Synthesized Sound] A ‘Modular Synthesizer Car Show’, concerts, workshops, meet-ups, and public talks.
- Anderson @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€10)
[Folk/singer-songwriter] Patterns is a superb album.
- The Slow Readers Club @ The Workman’s Club (Sold out)
[Indie/rock] TXFM stalwarts. Plant The Seed.
- Jeremy Underground @ The Pygmalion (€10, 11pm)
[Electronic] My Love Is Underground label boss. Latest tracks.
- Bell X1 @ Vicar Street (€30)
[Indie/rock] Preview of forthcoming LP. Also playing Friday.
- Callum Orr, Mongoose, Paul Creane @ Unitarian Church (€10)
[Indie/pop] Dawning Throes EP Launch
- Zaska single launch, Lemonade with Dip @ The Sugar Club (€5, 11pm)
[Funk/soul/R&B] Junior Spesh, Lex Woo, We 3 Kings and more
- Punch Face Champions @ Whelan’s Upstairs (Midnight, guestlist)
[Alt-rock] Instrumental Dublin band.
- Flipside: Tin Man @ Bar Tengu (€8+, 10:30pm)
[Electronic] For 303 lovers.
- FCL @ Opium Rooms (€10+, 11pm)
[Dance] Belgian house DJs.
- The Deece Series: Dennis Sulta @ Button Factory (€8+, 11pm)
[Dance] DJ Deece and Glasgow guest.
Sunday April 24
- Vinyl & Wine presents: Innervisions @ The Liquor Rooms (€12+, 5pm)
[Listening party] Celebrating the Stevie Wonder album.
- Rock Against Homelessness @ Olympia Theatre (€25)
[Charity] Camille O’Sullivan, The Strypes, HamsandwicH, Le Galaxie, Mundy, The Stunning and Heathers
- Ought, Fierce Mild @ Whelan’s (€15)
[Alt/rock] Montreal post-punks
- Discotekken Sundays Launch @ Chelsea Drugstore basement (Free)
[DJs] Finally, a reliable weekly Sunday social
- Jerry Fish, The Hot Sprockets, Mutefish, The Jive Cats @ The Mercantile (Free)
[Pop/rock] Happy Dog.
- Pyg Sundays presents Aeroplane @ The Pygmalion (€12, 4pm – late)
[Dance] Italian-Belgian producer & DJ returns.
Monday April 25
- Chris Cornell @ Olympia Theatre (€50+)
[Rock] Not a recommendation. Merely a note. Plus, that price.