- Saturday: Absolut Pride Mother’s Dublin Block Party @ District 8 (5pm – late)
- Sunday: Electric Eel Shock @ The Workman’s Club
How to enter ticket comps – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number (for late contact) in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig or Friday 1pm latest for weekend gigs.
Tuesday June 23
- The Who @ 3Arena (€70)
[Classic Rock] Roger Daltrey was on TFI Friday last week. What year is it?
- Ron Sexsmith @ Whelan’s (SOLD OUT)
[Folk] Sexsmith is a songsmith.
- Ruby Sessions @ Doyle’s (9pm, €6)
[Acoustic club] Sinead White and more.
Wednesday June 24
- Seamus Fogarty @ The Workman’s Vintage Room (€8)
[Folk] Back with a new album on Fence Records very soon.
- Counting Crows, Seasick Steve, The Wherabouts @ IMMA (€50)
- Sylva (Snarky Puppy & Metropole Orkest) @ The Sugar Club (Free)
[Screening] Irish premiere screening of this orchestral performance
Thursday June 25
- Radiomade @ Berlin café/bierhaus (free)
[New gig series] Sixth String Out presents Markas Carcas & the Trail Gang, Wayne Soper & Gstar
- Meltybrains? @ Private location (email)
[Melty Week?] A 50-capacity gig for Melty week’s series of events.
- Russian Circles @ Hangar (€18)
[Rock] Support from Val Normal
- Delorentos @ Leopardstown Racecourse (€15)
[Music/horse racing] Indie-rock Dublin dudes.
- Good Name: Moot Present Replete & Foreign Affair @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[New Irish music] Foreign Affair for B2B set
- Toast presents: Josh Butler @ Twisted Pepper (€8/€10, 11pm)
[Electronic] Leeds dance producer.
Friday June 26
- House Party @ Science Gallery (Free but register, 7pm)
[Special event] Homebeat curated lineup with Catscars, Fierce Mild and Margie Lewis. + Foil Arm and Hog.
- Mastadon @ Olympia Theatre (€28)
[Metal] Just makes me think of Jape these days.
- Kodaline, Hudson Taylor, Little Hours @ IMMA (€40)
[Pop] I wouldn’t recommend this myself but now you know what’s on there.
- The North Sea @ The Grand Social (€10)
[Rock] Launch of Anniversary album.
- Night Trap, Patrick Kelleher, L/B/W, Old Moon @ Tenterhooks, D8 (€10, BYOB)
[Synth pop] Someone Like You
- Misha Freshin… #4: Naive Ted and K>O.I~3.2^6 @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[DJs] Naive Ted releases an album this week.
- The Co-Present Live Feat Cut Once, Fight Like Apes DJ set @ The Workman’s Club (€6)
[Electronic] Live set from Cut Once – ‘Forget About The World’ / DJ set from Flapes.
- The Pig’s Ear: DJ Nature with a Screening of Ny77: The Coolest Year in Hell @ The Sugar Club (€12, 9pm)
[DJs/screening] NY DJ, Lil Dave and a screening from This Greedy Pig.
- Not Squares @ The Grand Social (11pm, €10)
[Electronic] Launch of the excellent Bolts. + Special guest DJ Le Michael Galaxie
- Church Dublin Summer Solstice party @ The Meeting House (11pm, Free)
[Club] Lisa Marie McCarroll and Dave Byrne on DJ duties.
- MUD: Bedlam & Welcome present Mumdance + Novelist @ Twisted Pepper (€10/€12, 10:30pm)
[Dance] Grime and dance music on XL recordings.
- Weathertop’s 2nd Birthday with Kris Wadsworth @ The Wiley Fox (Free, 11pm)
[Dance] Detroit Deep Techno in Former The Pint venue.
- Recondite (Live), Will Kinsella (Live) @ Opium Rooms (11pm, €15)
[Dance] Berlin-based producer – Iffy.
Saturday June 27
- Manu Chao @ IMMA (€28)
[Latin/pop] King of the Bongo/crusty
- Attention Bebe @ Button Factory (€10)
[Party band] 12-piece doing raucous covers of 90s songs and more.
- Gemma Hayes @ Whelan’s (€26)
[Singer/songwriter] Support from Joe Chester.
- Scala and Kolacny Brothers @ Olympia Theatre (€33.50)
[Contemporary vocal] Belgian all girl choir phenomenon
- Absolut Pride Mother’s Dublin Block Party @ District 8 (5pm – late, WIN TICKETS)
[Dance] ANA MATRONIC (dj set), Crazy P Soundsystem, Kormac’s Big Band (Live), Le Galaxie DJs, Billy Scurry, Faune (Live) and much more. Afterparty too.
- Red Enemy, Bitch Falcon @ The Workman’s Club (€8)
[Rock] Irish heavy metal heavyweights.
- Bitches On Top @ Bad Bob’s Rooftop (€7/€10, 10pm)
[Pride party] With DJs Ragin’, Nickie, Una Mullally, KAY Z and Lizzie from Bitch Falcon
- Groovement Soul feat. Jonna @ The Grand Social (11pm, Free)
[Dance] Owner and DJ at City Fly Records with Glenn Davis and Keith Dalton
- Heineken & Abstract present: Kate Simko @ Opium Rooms (€10, 10:30pm)
[Dance] Support Conor Feeney Big Dish Go.
- Subject at Pogo – Phuture [Live] & DJ Pierre @ The Twisted Pepper (€13/€15, 11pm)
[Dance] More info.
- Out To Lunch presents DJ Sotofett @ Bar Tengu (€12, 10pm)
[Club] The Sex Tags Mania man all night long.
Sunday June 28
- Gavin Glass @ Whelan’s (€11)
[Country/rock] launch of album Sunday Songs.
- Smithfield Market Fair 1st Birthday @ The Generator (Free) [Market] Stalls and more featuring music from Jacob Koopman, Sinead Kelly, The Fitzafrenic + Caoimhe from Lingo
- Sissy, Fierce Mild, No Form and Bad Manifest @ The Baricade Inn, Parnell Street (€)
[Rock] 7″ launch listen here.
- Lynched @ The Sugar Club (€)
[Trad/folk] Dublin street songs.
- Electric Eel Shock @ The Workman’s Club (€12, WIN TICKETS)
[Rock] Wild Japanese garage rock.
- Sunday Social’s Dublin Pride Closing Party @ 4 Dame Lane (11pm, €5)
[Club] Rocky T Delgado on the decks.
Monday June 29
- Taylor Swift @ 3Arena
[Pop] Great article on the “passive-aggressive songwriter”
- Niamh Crowther @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€10)
[Singer songwriter] Little By Little.